Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3751

Designer talks about the new deluxe expansion!

And a new Hero card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb

That could get crazy, but I'm not convinced. Tactics Boromir was so good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Should've been Faramir instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:

+1

Like him better than his tactics-clone. Ability is simple but good and the art is outstanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Clementz
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:

You sound like Denethor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone noticed that he only buffs allies? Which is ok but makes him look feeble compared to Dain who buffs two stats for all characters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, he doesn't need to be ready to give his bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Travis
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
Anyone noticed that he only buffs allies? Which is ok but makes him look feeble compared to Dain who buffs two stats for all characters...

Thematically, it could represent his "rank." Dain is the King under the Mountain and therefore would be a morale boost/leader to all dwarves. Boromir is a Captain in the army, but "outranked" by Aragorn, Imrahil, Denethor (maybe others?) and so his effect only affects "lower ranked" allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
KilgoreTroutman wrote:
Shelfwear wrote:

Thematically, it could represent his "rank." Dain is the King under the Mountain and therefore would be a moral boost/leader to all dwarves. Boromir is a Captain in the army, but "outranked" by Aragorn, Imrahil, Denethor (maybe others?) and so his effect only affects "lower ranked" allies.

Yeah, in terms of theme, it works perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has the delicious mix of not being overly optimized like some of the overpowered heroes (Dain and Eowyn) yet being powerful enough to build around. I suspect I'll end up using him as a defender as his questing is weak, and I would hope to be setting up an army of Gondorian fighters to do the attacking instead. I LOVE that this suddenly makes the underpowered Guard of the Citadel a viable card with its affordable attack power on par with Tactics. We have precious few options outside of Tactics to pile on attack power.

And the boost mechanic is really interesting. It is a resource drain, but likely not at the beginning when resources are really tight.

And regarding the old Boromir, I always wanted to play him, but rarely did (mostly due to Tactics having so many good heroes and being so easy to live without the sphere). This Boromir actually demands to have a deck built around him instead of being that hero that is really good but doesn't synergize with anything (I tend to think Beorn outranks Tactics Boromir in that category as well).

On the downside, yet another high threat leadership hero . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that with the upcoming "Battle" and "Siege" mechanics, you will be using your characters'
and
respectively during the Quest Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
compton9890 wrote:
It has the delicious mix of not being overly optimized like some of the overpowered heroes (Dain and Eowyn) yet being powerful enough to build around. I suspect I'll end up using him as a defender as his questing is weak, and I would hope to be setting up an army of Gondorian fighters to do the attacking instead. I LOVE that this suddenly makes the underpowered Guard of the Citadel a viable card with its affordable attack power on par with Tactics. We have precious few options outside of Tactics to pile on attack power.

And the boost mechanic is really interesting. It is a resource drain, but likely not at the beginning when resources are really tight.

And regarding the old Boromir, I always wanted to play him, but rarely did (mostly due to Tactics having so many good heroes and being so easy to live without the sphere). This Boromir actually demands to have a deck built around him instead of being that hero that is really good but doesn't synergize with anything (I tend to think Beorn outranks Tactics Boromir in that category as well).

On the downside, yet another high threat leadership hero . . .

When i started reading the new previews/spoilers Guard of the Citadel was a card that i immediately thought of; and i wonder whether they had actually planned this far ahead at the time of the core set??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.