Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about possible no-win scenario (spoilers from multiple packs) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Sullivan
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was knocked out of a game last night and was observing the remaining action, when a thought popped into my head. It is relatively unlikely, but possible that a no-win scenario could be reached. If enough HQs have been demolished, such that there are fewer than four remaining on the board, then for a player to win, they must trade in cards for a star or complete a mission.

So, if a player is able to wipe every other faction off the board, thereby controlling all remaining HQs and leaving no legal start spaces, but in doing so does not achieve a mission objective or leave him/herself with enough cards to trade in for a star, there'd be no way for that person to officially win.

If I were on the losing end of a game like that, I would have no problem giving the win to that player, but I don't believe the rulebook makes any sort of mention of what to do in this (admittedly unlikely) scenario. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
scsoc wrote:
if a player is able to wipe every other faction off the board

They win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk Legacy rulebook, page 6 wrote:
OBJECT OF THE GAME:
Be the first player to have 4 Red Stars, or (much more rarely) eliminate
all the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sullivan
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, my mistake. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, in the fours sets I've played through of this, the win by lone survivor has never happened. Very difficult to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.