Subject: Twas the Weeks Before Christmas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Twas the weeks before Christmas, and all throughout the northern reaches of our fair planet, Santa and his elves were slaving away. The elven union had recently won their demand for time and a half, which Santa begrudgingly accepted. The sounds of little hammers went tap tap tap, and reindeer bulked up with their yearly high-protein muscle-building supplements. Mrs. Claus, as always, provided the very finest of refreshments to keep everyone rosy-cheeked and cheerful.

But elsewhere in the world, there were a couple of trouble makers up to no good. The Grinch and Ebeneezer Scrooge were conspiring to stop Santa from making his annual rounds of material possession-spreading. Scrooge felt that nobody deserved a free handout, and the Grinch was just a jerk like that. Those two decided that they needed to cut off the generosity at the source: Santa and his North Pole minions. Surely if Santa were stopped, the world would just give up, because we lack the fortitude to continue on our own. The Grinch had tried something similar before but was convinced it would work this time, because humans were much more cynical and selfish than Who's.

Jack Frost caught wind of the scheme as he traveled the globe changing the seasons. Jack secretly despised Santa. Jack used to be the superstar of winter before he was over-shadowed by the fat man who gained love through bribery. Jack vowed that even though Scrooge and the Grinch didn't know who he was, he would help them succeed by any means unnecessary.

Naughty Roles

The Grinch (werewolf) and Scrooge (brutal werewolf) -The Naughties know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the naughties choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. Scrooge is brutal and must kill another player if lynched. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly.

Jack Frost (sorcerer) -Jack Frost knows the identity of the naughties and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are Santa or not. He gets a random negative N0 view. If Santa views Jack, he will view as NICE.

Nice Roles

Santa (seer) -Each night chooses a player to view and learns their nature (Grinch/Scrooge or NOT Grinch/Scrooge). The seer receives a vision on Night0 of one randomly chosen player that is NOT Grinch/Scrooge. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Frosty the Snowman (brutal hunter) - If only two players remain in the game and Frosty is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is naughty. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Rudolph (martyr) -Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the Rudolph will die in his place. Rudolph may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that Rudolph does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability.

Elves x5 (villagers) -Ordinary North Pole residents with no special powers.

Victory Conditions

Nice -All good players win if all naughties are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are Frosty and one of either Scrooge or the Grinch.

Naughty -All naughty players win if Scrooge and/or the Grinch achieve parity: if at any time the number of Scrooge/Grinch remaining equals the number of non-Scrooge/Grinch remaining, naughty wins. However, if one of Scrooge/Grinch is left with Frosty, then nice wins.

Brutal Rules
If a target is not selected, the brutal will be random. In the endgame scenario where there is: Frosty, 1 Scrooge/Grinch, and 1 other non-Scrooge/Grinch (Elf, nice special, Jack Frost), and Frosty is lynched and targets Scrooge/Grinch, Scrooge/Grinch will be killed, and nice wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch Rules
Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 8:00pm BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote

Roles will be revealed on death.

Night Orders
Scrooge/Grinch, Santa, Rudolph, and Jack Frost must all submit their night orders by 9:00pm BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 8:00pm BGG
Night Action Deadline: 9:00pm BGG

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Guenhwyvhar
mylittlepwny
Nephini
nswoll
redshark92
saberwolf13
shushnik
Sigafoos
Taquelli
Violintides
ZenMonkey11

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8869...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
CASSY BLOCKED AT WORK, SIGN ME UP KARI MY LOVE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
CASSY BLOCKED AT WORK, SIGN ME UP KARI MY LOVE

All taken care of, darling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nephini wrote:

Ooh ooh! A complete newbie!

Everyone be nice to Mr. Nephini; I like Auzzies/Kiwis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nephini wrote:

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy the WW gaming here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Nephini wrote:

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy the WW gaming here.

...says the girl with the really angry avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the things i like about playing is chatting with the mod (assuming they're into that sort of thing).

Oh my god, I'm going to have twelve chats to chat in chatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I never play games this late. But Apple guilted me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:

This is secretly how I imagine you in every game.
Especially when you're voting for me. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:

This is secretly how I imagine you in every game.
Especially when you're voting for me. cry

I don't really vote for you all that often lately. Not when the rubber meets the road, anyway. Perhaps we'll have to change that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YOUR MOD IS MAKING A DECISION RIGHT NOW

Players sort of have to change their avatars to something merry for the game. I don't want to force anyone, but this is a heavily themed holiday game, and it would be cool if your avatars reflected that.

No penalties if you don't change your avatar, but I give the other players permission to verbally "pinch" you, like not wearing green on St. Patrick's day.

I'm going to put a little Santa hat on my avatar's head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:

Players sort of have to change their avatars to something merry for the game. I don't want to force anyone, but this is a heavily themed holiday game, and it would be cool if your avatars reflected that.

No penalties if you don't change your avatar, but I give the other players permission to verbally "pinch" you, like not wearing green on St. Patrick's day.

Now I'm going to have to do that too. This Apple runs a tight ship, I'm beginning to doubt that she needs my help moderating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
Apple Snapple wrote:

Now I'm going to have to do that too. This Apple runs a tight ship, I'm beginning to doubt that she needs my help moderating.

I can make you a Setzer avater with a little hat, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I refuse to acknowledge Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but then I'll be Christmathulhufoos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now my avatar is River Song and has microbadges to match because I'm in a Doctor Who PBF roleplaying game as River. I can't really change it until after that's done and I don't know how long that'll last. Once Legends of the Hidden Temple starts up, I'll be Kirk Fogg. I know you won't run this at the same time as Legends, so that shouldn't be an issue.

It'll just be a juggling act between River Song and SHINY HAPPY HOLIDAY VIOLIN. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Festive avatar. Check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay new people!!

Thank you ryan9012 and vampirebites for signing up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG is full of scrooges, apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
Yay new people!!

Thank you ryan9012 and vampirebites for signing up!

While I am more than happy to welcome new players, these names have been showing up in all the games lately and they never play. They just replace out and never even post....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested but I really have no clue on where to begin? Can someone one give me a run down?

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
I'd be interested but I really have no clue on where to begin? Can someone one give me a run down?

Bill

In the second post of this thread (under my long first post) there is a list of the players and "to sign up for this game go to"... click on that link, find where it says "Sign Me UP!!!" in blue and click on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

Bill

In the second post of this thread (under my long first post) there is a list of the players and "to sign up for this game go to"... click on that link, find where it says "Sign Me UP!!!" in blue and click on it.

If you do not have a cassandra login, you should mail jmilum to get you signed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.