Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that we were playing correctly, but just for clarity:

Will a Rum Barrel cause an anchored die to become active as if it were on the wheel
The rules for the Rum Barrel state, "re-roll the already placed die and accept the result. The results could be beneficial, or they could be hilarious.". We played that "accept the result" meant re-roll the anchored die and place it back on the anchor, so the results are neither beneficial nor hilarious. Is this correct or do we accept and take the action of the re-rolled die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
marshalls_acct wrote:
We played that "accept the result" meant re-roll the anchored die and place it back on the anchor

You played this correctly.

Thanks for your question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
marshalls_acct wrote:
We played that "accept the result" meant re-roll the anchored die and place it back on the anchor

You played this correctly.

Thanks for your question!

And thank you for bringing such a fantastic game to market. Unfortunately I did not get in on the kickstarter, can you tell me when we can expect this at online retailers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
marshalls_acct wrote:
Unfortunately I did not get in on the kickstarter, can you tell me when we can expect this at online retailers?

I'm under the impression that the distributors who signed up for the game are in the same / similar shipping queue as the Kickstarter backers, so it should take a couple of days for all of the games to get sorted, and then another week or so in transit. Best guess? The game should be showing up at FLGS's in early December, with online retailers being in the same boat.

I heard my first report of one of the Kickstarter backers receiving his copies of the game today (in Ohio). So it's exciting to see it's started arriving!

It sounds like you've already played the game -- did you play a prototype / preview copy somewhere?

Thanks so much for your support and interest!

--clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:

It sounds like you've already played the game -- did you play a prototype / preview copy somewhere?

--clint

I played a few games with the copy that they had at BGG.con. I assume that it was a review copy, but it appeared to be what backers can expect to receive.

Honestly, this game had flown completely under the radar for me. I haven't had much luck with Kickstarter games and as such have begun to pay less attention to them. The only reason that we ended up trying this at all is a friend of mine overheard some random con-goer describing this as RoboRally with pirates that can be played in 15-20 minutes, which after playing I think is pretty accurate.

In fact, this game will replace RoboRally (which I own) for me for a couple of reasons:
RoboRally takes far to long and there is really no way to affect a run away leader. Pirate Dice fixes both of these for me. Skullduggery allows you to affect any player, often in very comical ways, and the game takes less than 20 minutes or probably 45ish if you want to return the treasure (though I'm not sure that I would ever want to play that variant with 4 players as it seems like it could go on forever).

Speaking of which, it might be worth updating the playing time on the BGG listing which currently says "45 minutes". We were playing the non-advanced game (basically race to the treasure) with 3 players and were finished our second and third games each in under 20 minutes.

If I get time, I might write up a quick "First Impressions" review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.