Knights of Ten» Forums » Rules

Subject: Horde value in negative or above 10? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolf Pack
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you bring someone below 0 into the negatives or does it revert automatically to 0? For example, if some has a horde of 5 and you play a -9, are thy now a 0 horde or a -4?

Also, can you play cards to make your horde higher than 10, or is ten the highest? For example, if I have an 8 value horde and add 4, is my horde now 12 or is 10 the default highest?

I ask these questions because it is now always possible to bring an opponent to exactly 0 with the cards you have and the same is true for building on your own horde and trying to get yourself to exactly ten without going over with the card values you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been awhile since I played but I didn't think you could play a card that would make the value less than zero. In the above example, if -9 was the only card you had then you wouldn't be able to play and you would have to pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
agreed, you can't go below 0 or above 10 at any point - not by playing cards on yourself, or by playing them on the other players horde.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaperGamer wrote:
Can you bring someone below 0 into the negatives or does it revert automatically to 0? For example, if some has a horde of 5 and you play a -9, are thy now a 0 horde or a -4?

Also, can you play cards to make your horde higher than 10, or is ten the highest? For example, if I have an 8 value horde and add 4, is my horde now 12 or is 10 the default highest?

I ask these questions because it is now always possible to bring an opponent to exactly 0 with the cards you have and the same is true for building on your own horde and trying to get yourself to exactly ten without going over with the card values you have.

Exactly, it is not always possible to play a card. You would have to pass ( or what ever the term is for the game, I haven't played since last May).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.