Popular Tags: [View All]
Antony Alexander
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Dunno quite how long this is going on for as the promo email I received said "for this week" but it had been stuck in my spam filter since Friday but they do have the discount and a pretty decent selection of games. You have to visit the actual page for each game to see the full discount - in the games list while browsing it may only show their standard 10%. And if you are after it the Martin Wallace Hobbit card game is going for about a fiver.

Web address is:

http://www.mythreal.co.uk/

Cheers.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of these guys, but there's some fantastic deals there.

City of Horror for £27.99?! I could afford to buy a third player with the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Never heard of these guys, but there's some fantastic deals there.

City of Horror for £27.99?! I could afford to buy a third player with the change.

I ordered City of Horror, Innovation and The Hobbit Card Game on Saturday. City of Horror is 30% off!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Their PayPal account is Total Wargamer, whom I've ordered from in the past. I must have bought something from Mythreal before because I got their newsletter announcing the sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Killian
United Kingdom
Wednesbury
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was tempted by City of Horror though after you add postage it comes to around £30 which I can get the game for anyway. Went to add more items to get free shipping but noticed their shipping costs actually go up (which does make sense though free shipping promotions always encourage me to spend more!).

Will give it a miss but thanks for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roughly how much is their postage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerBotK wrote:
I was tempted by City of Horror though after you add postage it comes to around £30 which I can get the game for anyway.

I have also been tempted by City of Horror, but have been put of by the issue of warped boards, that seems to be affecting a few people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:

My order above had 7.49 pounds to Sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:

Do the exact prices answer your question?
http://www.mythreal.co.uk/delivery-and-returns-1.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Gough
United Kingdom
hollingwood
derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If u look at the returns section the actually email address to send to is
returns@totalwargamer.co.uk
very confusing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lisbon
flag msg tools
Ordered The Resistance: Avalon from them two days ago. It was (still is I think) in stock but they haven't sent it yet, anyone having a similar experience?

Paid with CC and I've messaged them, hopefully they'll do it soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Alexander
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can work out Total Wargamer and Mythreal are (in effect) two arms of the same company. Total Wargamer is the front end more focussed toward miniatures/tabletop wargames and Mythreal toward boardgames but they are the same operation.

It can be a little confusing as I ordered Spartacus from Mythreal but it turned up with an invoice from Total Wargamer which gave me a moment's panic as I thought I'd ordered it twice somehow!

They also are not brilliant at some of the little things like updating order info and quick response to customer service enquiries. I have ordered a few things from them (mainly models from TW) and sometimes the items turn up before they are marked as despatched. I also had an issue with something missing from an order before Xmas and was frustrated as it took a few days to get a reply from Customer services - when they did reply they were very helpful and immediately sent out the missing item without question but it did take 4 or 5 days to hear from them.

My impression is that they were a small company that is now growing quite quickly and are doing their best to keep up with all the new demands that brings but some of the smaller things fall through the gaps sometimes. This is just my personal impression, however, I have no inside knowledge - I just know I buy miniatures, Maelstrom disappeared into a dark cloud and I will never use Wayland Games after three bad experiences in three orders so my hopes are with Total Wargamer/Mythreal and so far they haven't failed me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lisbon
flag msg tools
I'm starting to think this Mythreal business is a bit of a scam, I have ordered a week ago, they haven't answered any of my messages (left more than 3 already), they don't answer their phone and the order was "processed" from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd suggest 2 things:

1) Post for input on Mythreal in the Discussing retailers forums, as when I had an issue with a German retailer, I got some good input there.

2) Get in touch with you Credit Card company and register a claim, they won't process it until a certain time has passed when you don't receive the goods, but this insures you don't miss the deadline for it.

In my case with the retailer I had issues with, they completely ignored my messages, until I registered a claim through Paypal and then they immediately started replying and ended up giving me a full refund. Moral = if they get a message via your payment provider , they know they can't ignore it even if they're scammers - as that would mean they don't get your moeny and get black-listed! - unlike one from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lisbon
flag msg tools
feign wrote:
I'd suggest 2 things:

1) Post for input on Mythreal in the Discussing retailers forums, as when I had an issue with a German retailer, I got some good input there.

2) Get in touch with you Credit Card company and register a claim, they won't process it until a certain time has passed when you don't receive the goods, but this insures you don't miss the deadline for it.

In my case with the retailer I had issues with, they completely ignored my messages, until I registered a claim through Paypal and then they immediately started replying and ended up giving me a full refund. Moral = if they get a message via your payment provider , they know they can't ignore it even if they're scammers - as that would mean they don't get your moeny and get black-listed! - unlike one from you.

Thanks a lot, I have created a thread in that forum section and I will contact my CC company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.