Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Galaxy Emperor and liked this mechanic of the start player getting a token with an arrow on it and pointing it in the direction the turns would go that round. Has anyone tried this in PR? Seems like it would make the game a little more tactical. Any thought? I don't think it would break the game but could cause confusion for play order, though we didn't see this problem in Galaxy Emperor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buck380 wrote:
I recently played Galaxy Emperor and liked this mechanic of the start player getting a token with an arrow on it and pointing it in the direction the turns would go that round. Has anyone tried this in PR? Seems like it would make the game a little more tactical. Any thought? I don't think it would break the game but could cause confusion for play order, though we didn't see this problem in Galaxy Emperor.

Interesting idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry, that is a good idea!....
"Hmmm...I wonder which direction my opponent to my left will choose?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Holle
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Pretty sure it would degenerate to two players colluding to pass it back and forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Buckel
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholle wrote:
Pretty sure it would degenerate to two players colluding to pass it back and forth.

Actually the Governor moves clockwise like normal, but each new Governor decides the direction of game play for that particular round. It was an interesting mechanism in Galactic Emperor and I thought I'd mention it as a possible variant here. Soon as I get a table of players willing to try it out, I'll report back here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.