Subject: update? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed backing this originally on KS so I don't get updates....
But now I keep thinking this would be a perfect gift for one of my nieces for Christmas.
The months old info I can find estimates mid-november yet there is no recent info on the website and it doesn't show on any retail sites as a pre-order even...

Soooooo should I find a different idea or is it really coming very soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I had asked early on if it would be available for Christmas. At the time it was a yes, but with no recent news (and I am a backer) I'm not sure if it'll make it.

Here's the pre-order page:
http://shop.gamesalute.com/search?q=Goblins+Drool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have another GDFR campaign update coming soon, but it looks like based on the proofs received to date, this will be landing in January rather than December.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a copy of the newest update, I'm sure we all get it in the email as well but I thought I'd post it here. Kind of a bummer about the delay, I thought for sure a game like this wouldn't meet up with the same delays as some of the bigger games, but I guess they do:

Dear Friends and Backers,

We have an update on the production status and delivery estimate for Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! A physical proof (basically, a sample copy) of GDFR products arrived from our printing company last week. This includes sample cards, uncut card sheets, the rulebook, and the puzzle. And they’re looking good! Game Salute has already reviewed and double-checked the proof for quality and accuracy, and they’ve sent it along to my office in Las Vegas for triple-checking and final approval. I should be getting the package in the mail sometime this week.

Our printer also forwarded a digital proof, which shows how the cards are laid out for printing. Here are all the goblins, ready to be printed, cut-up, sorted, and shrink-wrapped (a typical goblin day, really...) The fairies are on the other side of the card sheet, naturally.

The sample copy of the collector’s tin is still in progress, because our printing company is making a custom mold for it. We’re hoping to receive this sample within the next few weeks so we can review and approve it.

So, GDFR production is moving forward, slowly but surely. Unfortunately, this pre-production process of file submissions, feedback, printing quotes, contracts, samples, and approvals has taken much longer than we expected. It will still probably be a few more weeks before we can pull the trigger on mass-production of the 5,000 copies for this first edition print run of Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! (roughly 1,500 of those copies will be going to you, our Kickstarter backers.)

Once everything gets final approval, production will begin. This will also take longer than we originally anticipated. The latest estimate we have from our printing company is 45-50 days for production. Adding the time it will take to ship those copies overseas and deliver them to your door, we have decided to move the estimated delivery for all games and rewards to March, just to be safe.

In the board and card games industry, production and delivery delays are very common – but of course, never welcome. I would like to convey my sincerest apologies to everyone who had hoped to get GDFR before the holidays. We really wanted that to happen, and thought it would, until recently. There’s nothing I want more than for you to get the rewards that you deserve so you can enjoy them with your friends and family. I don’t like making people wait, and personally, I can’t wait to get my own final copy of the game, either.

As you can see, the game is still making progress towards final production, and you WILL get every reward you earned by supporting this project. Game-O-Gami, Game Salute, and our printer are doing everything we can to make sure that happens as soon as possible. Extending the expected delivery to March has resulted from the realities of the production process, and our under-estimation of that process back in May. Once again, I am very sorry for the delay, and any disappointment it surely has caused. I am confident that when GDFR does finally arrive in your hands, you will not be disappointed with it. Hopefully, the print-and-play version of the game that we have given out will tide you over just a little bit longer until the final version arrives.

For all of you in the United States, and you American ex-pats out there, I would like to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Whether you will be feasting on a big turkey dinner, a tur-duck-en, or a hearty vegan meal, I hope you will be doing so in the company of loved ones with much to be thankful for.

Sincerely,

David Luis Sanhueza
Founder, Creative Director
GAME-O-GAMI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the update, BK.
And thanks for posting the pre-order link, Rick.

Unfortunately, Tom, the game will not be available until after the holidays. If you do wish to pre-order it, your copy will ship as soon as it is ready early next year.

http://shop.gamesalute.com/search?q=Goblins+Drool

I hope you are still able to find a great Christmas gift for your niece, and will consider Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! as a spring-time gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the quick replies everybody! No worries, I know how even seemingly minor issues can have major effects on the timeline,
and this will still make an awesome birthday present for her next summer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A new update has been posted, including a Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! holiday card. If you have pre-ordered the game to give as a gift to someone special, this is a great way to let them know what's coming.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard/goblins-droo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A new update has been posted on the Kickstarter page, including photos of the production samples:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! I don't like jigsaws, but that cute box alone almost made me wish I ordered that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna be so bold as to ask for an update on the game release modest

Will the game be shipped out from Game Salute any time soon? My gaming fingers are itching for some goblins and fairies laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is hitting production after Chinese New Year so it will be later this year. More updates coming to the Kickstarter campaign page as we get more details from the factory.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So another 3 months?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update Posted by David Sanhueza, Designer

Dear Friends and Backers,

This update is a long one, but we'll get to the most important news first. Manufacturing of Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! has been delayed by the Chinese New Year. Our manufacturer is in China, where many businesses shut down completely for several weeks around the Chinese New Year holiday in February. Our manufacturer could not complete production before the holiday, so they decided to postpone further production until after the break. I am sad to report that this will push back delivery of the game and rewards further than our last estimate. We are now expecting production to complete towards the end of March, and the estimated delivery to you sometime in May. We will update you if that estimate changes again, for better or for worse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
So another 3 months?
Looks like I was right... unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
May... snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to the full update on the Kickstarter page:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
6) If you put sincerity and quality above all, people will stand by you.

I wish more companies took this one seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A new update:

The games are done, and on a boat right now to New York! Kickstarter backer surveys will go out by the end of the month so order fulfillment can begin. Finally!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Rippy
United States
Gallatin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I preorder now, how soon would I expect my order to arrive? I realize that Kickstarter backers will get their copies first, and rightly so. I wish I had caught wind of this one last year! My girls and I will love this.

-Erin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ejrippy wrote:
If I preorder now, how soon would I expect my order to arrive? I realize that Kickstarter backers will get their copies first, and rightly so. I wish I had caught wind of this one last year! My girls and I will love this.
-Erin

Hi Erin,

Anyone who preorders the game (or puzzle or art book) now should get it right after Kickstarter backers get their copies. I would assume by the end of May.
I hope you and your girls have fun with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! copies have arrived at the Game Salute warehouse! Order fulfillment for Kickstarter backers has begun, and people should start receiving their copies before the end of the month.

If you want a copy and haven't reserved one yet, you can either order it direct from the Game Salute shop, or ask your FLGS to carry it on their shelves.

Direct order: http://shop.gamesalute.com/products/goblins-drool-fairies-ru...

Game store locator: http://gamesalute.com/gamestorelocator/

Peace,

- Sanhueza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.