Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As I've been participating in Secret Santa this year I've been thinking about how long it's been since I added anything but a rules question to the site. I decided to see what games I've played the most but not reviewed and put in a few. When I looked at my plays (not an exhaustive list) I found Blokus Duo near the top.

Cost: Blokus clocks in at about $10(US). For a game with a custom plastic board and custom plastic pieces that lock into the board, that seems really reasonable. The flip side is that a lot of two player games are in this price range so it doesn't stand out.

Accessibility: The rules of Blokus are super simple, pick a piece and place it touching only a corner of your own pieces. Then the other person goes. That said, it can be a bit brain bendy at times so some folks, who don't like puzzles, may find it not very fun. For gamers, it's super accessible.

Replayibility: Blokus doesn't change. You have the same pieces on the same board. You could even play them in the same order. The only thing that changes is the other player's choices. For my wife and me, this has been adequate but for many it won't be.

Fun: I'm not sure I would describe Blockus Duo as fun. I enjoy the game but fun implies to me that there is a carefree joy about it and that is not this game. This game in an interactive puzzle.

Summary: My wife and I have had many good plays of Blokus Dup and keep it handy for more. It's not a crazy, fun, laughing time but it's a good puzzles to solve competitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiancee loves playing this with me, probably because she wins every time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.