Subject: Return of the Late Lynch Odd Role Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduction

Rumors abound of a romantic tale, a tale where an entire village was wiped out to feed the flames of a forbidden love. Two star-crossed lovers, one cursed as a beast, the other willingly choosing the curse to be with her love. It is a tale told in whispers around fires, romanticized by fools, and forbidden by village elders.

Then, one night, the howls fill the air. People begin disappearing, one by one. Realization sinks in too late. This is no romance story of legend, this is hot blood spilling on cobblestone paths between dirty hovels, and deep gouges in thick wooden doors each night. The curse has returned. Will you survive?

The Setup:

This game will be between two teams: The Village and The Wolves.

The Village:
1 Seer (Views each night and is told if the target is a Wolf.)
1 Magician (Is told each night who the NK target is. Once per game, may save the NK target. Also, once per game may use a spell to NK any player.)
1 Witness (May watch one person each night, and is told who that person is "visited" by, if anyone. A martyr, a wolf, a seer all count as "visits".)
1 Jailer (Each night selects one person who is locked in a cell during the night. That person can not be killed by any means. That person can also not activate any abilities that night.)
5 Villagers

NOTE: In place of this game containing two Masons, two villagers will each be given the name of a Non-Wolf. This may or may not be the same name or the name of the other chosen villager. This way there is still a small amount of information added to the game, but there is no way to have a guaranteed clear collaborated, and evils can choose to do the same.

The Wolves:
1 Tough Werewolf
1 Wolf Cub (Acts like a regular werewolf, except if the Cub is killed the remaining Werewolf kills twice the following night.)
1 Sorceror (Can view each night for the Seer. Knows the Wolves identity.)
1 Witch (Chooses a player each night. That player can not activate any abilities that night.)

General Rules:

10PM BGG Dusk.
11PM BGG deadline for night orders
Dawn will occur at a variable time between 11pm and 11:30pm, depending on the Magician's orders / living status.
Votes with a Timestamp of 11:01PM or later will not be counted, regardless of when I actually post Dusk.
Game will run weekdays only
LHLV tie-breaker.
Random negative N0 view for the Seer and Sorceror.
Upon deaths, full roles will be revealed.
No items/locations.
No conversion.
Conditional orders are ok. Please use mod chat.
No Lynch and No Kill orders are acceptable

Notice:

Balance is not guaranteed, but I have tried to make it so.
Participation is important, no posts and/or no voting for 24 hours will get you replaced.
No order results in no action, except brutals which are then random. Exceptions may be made for replacements.
Let me know if you are going to be unavailable for more than a day.
If Cassie or BGG is down, particularly near lynch the game day will be delayed/postponed.
Use red tags to post a question to get a response from the mod.
Avoid editing posts. Describe the edit if it is necessary.
No deletion of posts.
Dead players must use zombie tags and not reveal any information in their posts.
I will post No Lynch or No Kill if there is no action, if there is nothing from me other than Dawn/Dusk that means I am still calculating the results.
In answering your questions, I will conform to your assumptions, answering does not validate your assumptions. e.g. asking "Can the wolf DCorrin do x", may get the response: "Yes". Meaning that x is possible for the wolf, who you are assuming is DCorrin.
If anyone makes a post which is based on a misunderstanding of the rules. I will try to correct this, as failure to understand the rules is a failure of mine to explain them properly. The poster should not be penalized for that.
This is a game, the goal is to have fun. Personal insults should be avoided.
Please thumb posts that you find amusing or insightful, this should not necessarily be considered endorsement of that player's position.

I should not have to state no cheating, which includes but is not limited to:
Private messages, small/hidden/white fonts, pre-arranged signals/deals, codes, copying mod chats etc.

Thank you to DCorrin, who graciously allowed me to use and modify his rules posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
auramine o
hibou
jageroxorz
karmic_devil
Laladien
miraria
mylittlepwny
Nephini
Nightshade935
sydwys8
thatfedoraguy
Violintides
zd00

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/8871...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hilo. This time, it's personal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only three villagers? This'll be hard for evil to hide in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I like salad.

(It's tentative again, depending on when it runs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ermahgerd! I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a-me...

Laladio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
2 Masons (Share an alias'd chatroom. Share an alignment. May not discuss their society.)

This rule is potentially problematic.

What does a mason say when asked to claim before a lynch?

"I'd like to claim, but I cannot?" - does that count as discussing their society?

It also feels like a D1 all-claim is a math-win for Good. Even if it isn't a straight-up Math win, it gives good a stupidly good chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think they have to claim as villager, especially since they have their own alignment. Given that they don't lose if good wins, it shouldn't matter much as far as claims are concerned who is a mason and who isn't?

I mean, it's not like the lovers where one or both of them could be evil. They just have an extra win condition, right?
Edit: or is it just that they have the privilege of sharing information, knowing that they're both safe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
What is their "society"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Masons are villagers who know one other person is safe, and share a private chat with them. They are not permitted to speak of the Masonic society in thread, however. They can defend their partner, saying they trust them, and people can come to whatever conclusion they like, but if someone in thread speaks about the "Masonic" society, they are killed by the Masons.

The math win thing might be right. I need to double check.

Also, this is filling up faster than I expected. Just an FYI, I will not start this before Monday, as I don't run games on Holidays, and don't like the idea of starting it on a Friday only to have a super long gap over the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:

Well, the masons are technically villagers. Since they can't claim mason. I figured 5 would be enough, but I can see it might be problematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I should warn you all now, I am a weremasorcager..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Sharv 2.0 wrote:
violintides wrote:

Well, the masons are technically villagers. Since they can't claim mason. I figured 5 would be enough, but I can see it might be problematic.

I'm thinking there'll be ways for people to pick up on the masons. Perhaps there could be a random variable like 3-5 specials out of a pool of 7. Just thinking out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not really, unless they give it away by being too free with information. Does the mason killing extend to asking if someone is a mason? Obviously they can't answer, but will I be killed for asking if zd is a mason?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Nephini wrote:
Not really, unless they give it away by being too free with information. Does the mason killing extend to asking if someone is a mason? Obviously they can't answer, but will I be killed for asking if zd is a mason?

If I was a mason, I would claim that I was a "Good special", and that I had a special partner that I trusted completely. I think people would see through my "clever ruse" rather quickly. Especially when my "special partner" claims the same thing.

It's also not very hard for the two masons to "out themselves" by simultaneously posting two related things (text from a book, math questions and answers, etc)... and this does not require any claim or use of the word "mason".

I'm just saying that the rule that says "You cannot say that you are a mason" doesn't do anything, since the masons have other ways of saying that they're masons. So unless the intent of that rule was to prohibit any way of masons doing anything that outs themselves as mason (I think that rule would have to be "Masons must hard-claim villager and cannot speak in defense of their partner" - and even that allows me to say "I'd be happy lynching A, B, D or E", conspicuously omitting C), then this rule is probably better left out. Or, better still, turn the masons into villagers to make the math work out a bit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. I'll simply change them into villagers.

I may give two villagers the name of another villager. Not necessarily Quid Pro Quo, they may each get unrelated names. It's just a tiny bit of information to offset the points, and this way they would not be able to "vouch" for one another, and an evil could easily duplicate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Sharv 2.0 wrote:

I may give two villagers the name of another villager. Not necessarily Quid Pro Quo, they may each get unrelated names. It's just a tiny bit of information to offset the points, and this way they would not be able to "vouch" for one another, and an evil could easily duplicate it.

shweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharv 2.0 wrote:

Noooooooo. I saw Masons in the cassie description and I was about to sign-up immediately, regardless of the horrible lynch time.

Perhaps you could have the players come to a gentleman's agreement about it? It's a role that also breaks down in F2F and that makes me really, really sad.

Actually - I find the best use of a Mason is when the players don't know that Masons are in the game. Since the Mason players can't say they are Masons, it keeps the integrity of the game while still giving the Masons their power. If that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharv 2.0 wrote:

Aw, I love the mason role...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenshi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see it being a big issue. The wolves could obviously make the same claims (there are two wolves and two masons right?), and they don't have to be quite as concealed about it as the masons would - that is, of course, until a wolf dies.

Edit: If anything it also gives away two more safe kills for the wolves - they're clearly not sorc or witch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright...I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the magician, when is (s)he informed of the nk? At dawn...same as everyone else? And how does (s)he save the target? Just resurrect them in the morning? And when does (s)he kill? Also as a night action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Respect
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
YAY I love the roaster of people playing this!
Hi Karmic! Playing with you on the ridiculous ghostie forum was fun!

I didn't realize this would fill up so soon though.

My situation is- if lynch is this Monday, I'll miss first lynch. I'm not positive I can be there Tuesday lynch either- but most likely I can. And then there's one other day next week that I'll also miss it, don't know which day yet. .
I'm not the type that likes to ever miss lynch. I feel bad dropping because I ended up dropping the last 2 night games, and playing would be fun! I just wouldn't be able to put my all into it, which is a-typical for me.
Ack- Should I stay or drop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [74] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.