Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is an empty area in one of the buildings DURING the game, not at initial setup, do you fill that spot at the end of the retrieve meeples phase with Gray meeples, to allow all of the dice to be available?

Next, VP for Cathedral building are gained immediately. Do you lose those VP if you get bumped via an event card??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you do not fill in with gray meeples, during the game, so you may have fewer rolled dice available.

Interesting question, but I would say no, since you get the VP and influence for placing. The influence would have to be lost too, and that would be wonkey. Keep in mind, though, that you may then lose VP, if you now do not have presence in that row of the cathedral, at end game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
If there is an empty area in one of the buildings DURING the game, not at initial setup, do you fill that spot at the end of the retrieve meeples phase with Gray meeples, to allow all of the dice to be available?

No. It's possible some dice remain unused.

ASLChampion wrote:
Next, VP for Cathedral building are gained immediately. Do you lose those VP if you get bumped via an event card??

No. You gain VPs for providing cubes to the cathedral. Removing them does not deny you of your earned VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:

Usually someone else takes a spot which causes someone to get bumped. I'm not an expert on this game though so I'm not sure if there are some cards which can evict people as well, is that what you're talking about?

Quote:

You don't lose the VP or the influence, those are benefits awarded to you for going there. Of course not being present on each row of the cathedral can cost you points at the end of the game.

EDIT: double ninja'd yikes ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, it's possible a player takes one of his meeples off a building to put it elsewhere (on a card for example). I doubt it's a smart play and I have not yet seen this occur in a real game but it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
Jon, it's possible a player takes one of his meeples off a building to put it elsewhere (on a card for example). I doubt it's a smart play and I have not yet seen this occur in a real game but it's possible.

Ah, of course, thanks Maybe it starts to make sense near the end if you want to snag a spot on one of the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

Especially near the end game, if you are low on influence and really need a citizen, it may be a very good move to take your meeple out of a principal building to place on an activity card, etc. I have done this on a number of occasions. Of course, you have to be aware someone might have the hidden identity which rewards VPs for citizens in the principal buildings...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

Hey I just did this last night and I thought it was a smart play. Although its the first time I have ever sacrificed a die to be able to place on an action card. I did not care about the red die any longer and my options were limited. And I did win the game.

So in general I don't think it's happened more than once or twice (I was reminded during game play though discussion that I may have done this once before). I don't recommend doing it unless you are experienced with the game enough to make that judgement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, moving off a building is not unheard of (especially toward the endgame, if you are pretty sure the corresponding secret character card is not in play). And sometimes influence is just more precious than a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.