Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all, have a quick clarification. can the govt perform a limited op(meaning only 1 location) to perform a training operation to place cubes, and then in the same space perform civic action as part of that same limited op? pretty sure answer is yes, just want to confirm my thought. thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Williams
Australia
Googong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd add that it is an excellent way to use late campaign and late game limited ops...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm close to wrapping up another solo game and I've had several card plays in a row where I was stuck as govt playing the limited op. Passing wasn't an option. I'm at 59 govt resources now, so it's close but I'm not liking my odds right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain! The government has limited ops more often because the bots always choose the ops + special activity option if they don't take the event. I finished up a solo game where I won as the government, but only because of a late game assassination bonanza by the AUC, who finished second (matching, but not beating the FARC in bases. Came down to the wire, and I think it was so close because the government (me)was hit with a string of limited ops where passing was useless (4th eligible on the next card) and the event was not helpful. Managed to get into decent board position, though, and was able to win with massive civic action at the time of the last propaganda card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladislav Smihula
Slovakia
Bratislava (Pressburg, Pozsony, Posonium, Presporok, Wilsonstadt, Bressalauspurch, Preslava, Istropolis)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can I train with limited operation in one space and then make civic action (or make base) in another one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Williams
Australia
Googong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gaspar wrote:
can I train with limited operation in one space and then make civic action (or make base) in another one?

No. Limited Op = Op in one space only. You'd have to nominate the "the other space" as the Train space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I'm really stuck in this solo game I've put out all govt bases and am struggling to get some police into the depts I need to turn active w civic action. Wish I had the govt capability that let's u bring 1 police in a sweep, that's a powerful event that should always be played as govt in my opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Smith
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdr layman wrote:
Wow I'm really stuck in this solo game I've put out all govt bases and am struggling to get some police into the depts I need to turn active w civic action. Wish I had the govt capability that let's u bring 1 police in a sweep, that's a powerful event that should always be played as govt in my opinion

Another way to get police into departments is during the redeployment phase of the propaganda round. You have to move the troops out of the rural departments without bases, but you have the option to relocate police to ANY government controlled spaces. You can then re-sweep in to those spaces during a future round and you will be in position to do civic action during a future propaganda round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I forgot to mention I just finished 3rd prop card so redeployment isn't an option in this case. I did successfully turn several depts active as a result of the 3rd prop though. I've lost some momentum it seems. Now would be good time to see that nice govt event
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.