Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been covered but we found a timing issue that we couldn't answer.

Filtch has an ability where he can steal a cheese from the cheese wheel if he kills a rat.

The cheese wheel already had 5 cheese and awaits the last one to move the story forward.

The rat rolls a cheese and a ranged attack on his defense die and fails
to save himself.

Which happens first?

Does Filtch get the steal before or after the 6th cheese is put on the wheel?

If after is he out of luck and gets no cheese?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding rolled cheese always goes first. If the wheel is full, you surge immediately.

Filch gets no cheese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite right. Filch still gets cheese. The situation reverts to the Cheese Wheel being empty. Filch gets a cheese from the supply, just not from the wheel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has never been clear to me when the surge actually happens. Certainly the cheese is added immediately but does the surge happen before combat is resolved? The rule book on page 15 when describing when surges happen simply says:

Quote:
When the minion cheese wheel fills up with 6 or more cheese tokens, a surge triggers. Follow these steps...

I suppose immediately performing the surge makes sense but it does mean that you could loose a chapter while delivering the killing blow in a final battle, which seems a bit sad face soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damean Rendell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually happened to me in chapter two. You can find the short discussion about it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.