United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
A daikaiju may perish by 2 means - it exits the board, or gets eaten by another daikaiju. In the first instance, the rules state "If a daikaiju's movement would force it off the game board, it is removed from play". In the 2nd instance, the rules state "If a daikaiju moves to a square already occupied by a daikaiju tile, the moving daikaiju destroys the stationary daikaiju and the daikaiju is removed from the game board".

Slightly different verbiage - "removed from play" vs. "removed from the game board". My question is, can these daikaiju ever re-enter the game (when a "6" is rolled for daikaiju movement direction). We've had a few games where the whole daikaiju stack was gone through**, and more 6's were rolled...so do daikaiju that died earlier come back? Or are they permanently gone from the game? The last rule that states "there should always be a minimum of 3 daikaiju on the board" also plays a factor. What if you've brought the whole stack on, and then they get killed off so that there's less than 3 left? That means a previously dead daikaiju would HAVE to come back - right?

** Note that as I sat down to type in this question, I browsed the forum, and discovered a mistake we had been making. We were rolling the d6 for movement for each individual daikaiju...thus having multiple 6's in one turn meant several new daikaiju could appear. It would seem that you roll the d6 once, and apply that number to all daikaiju's movement. That means much less of a chance to go through the whole daikaiju deck than the way we were playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray W
msg tools
Hi Keith : )

When daikaiju are killed the tile is placed at the bottom of the daikaiju deck and can re-enter the game at a later time.

You are correct in that a single movement roll applies to all daikaiju.

Ray Wehrs
Calliope Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ferguson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi! Tech Tech VPI!
badge
Santa's Workshop - Coming from Rio Grande Games in 2017
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ray, appreciate the response! Yeah...played it since then, using one die roll to move all the daikaiju...much less fiddly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.O.C.
msg tools
mbmbmb
We are actually using only one dice roll and a slightly modified movement rule. The blue and gold dice gets rolled if it is 6, 7 or 8 then daikaiju will move. Gold dice determines the movement of the gold daikaiju tiles and moved first (because the rulebook mentions that gold has priority over blue), blue dice determines the movement of the blue daikaiju tiles.
"One roll to rule them all!" cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a2ccgi wrote:
We are actually using only one dice roll and a slightly modified movement rule. The blue and gold dice gets rolled if it is 6, 7 or 8 then daikaiju will move. Gold dice determines the movement of the gold daikaiju tiles and moved first (because the rulebook mentions that gold has priority over blue), blue dice determines the movement of the blue daikaiju tiles.
"One roll to rule them all!" cool

I was wondering why this option wasn't used. The only reason I see is it is more likely that one of the dice is a 6, spawning more Daikaiju.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.