Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: how noise travels? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Simmons
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi; I'm new to the game and i got a question for all you pros out there.
warning-this might be stupid questions to ask, but they are real question i have.

1. Can sound travel from inside one building through another building(with locked doors) so that the noise creates multiple paths for the zombies to follow?

2. Under the pretense that the first question is answered yes, what happens when there a collection of zombies, ever-splitting because they are trapped behind a locked door which shares a path of equal length with the largest noise zone?

These might be confusing question, but if you can help, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Nothing blocks noise

2. But that doesn't mean that zombies will be splitting endlessly before a closed door. Zombies don't split because there are multiple noisiest zones, they only split if there are multiple zones they should move into to get to those destination zones. So if they're stuck against a locked door, they won't split because they're not moving anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. That depends on the precise circumstances, but from what you've written they possibly continue splitting, however, can you give a more concrete example of what you mean (maybe grab the Map Editor (from here), if you don't have it) and draw us a picture)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Simmons
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see where your confusion is. A path that goes through a locked door is NOT a path. The Zombies will never take it into account if they have the possibility of getting to the noisiest Zone by a different, open, path. The ONLY case where Zombies will try to take a path through a locked door, and end up stuck behind it, is if there are NO other open paths available.

So in your case, the Zombies in 1 would move into the building, and the Zombies in 2 and 3 would move into the street intersection Zone with the police car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, although I still think it shouldn't be that way, Thiago is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Simmons
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey, Thanks everyone, i'm glad to see their a community out there for this game and i'm once again thankful for everyone's help with my questions. happy thanksgiving tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Sachan
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doesn't this effectively mean that the closed doors DO block noise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could say that they dampen the noise, since Zombies prefer open paths than locked doors. But if they have no open paths to the noisy zone, they'll hear the noise and scratch at the door that's blocking their way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjenelds wrote:
doesn't this effectively mean that the closed doors DO block noise?

Loophole Master wrote:
You could say that they dampen the noise, since Zombies prefer open paths than locked doors. But if they have no open paths to the noisy zone, they'll hear the noise and scratch at the door that's blocking their way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.