United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
The Kickstarter project shows that the base game comes with two sheets of tokens, I'm assuming one is for the US and Germans, one is basic gameplay tokens (according to the video).

Then the Russians and the Japanese also come with a token sheet. But the French, Italians, and British (not to mention the Norwegians et al.) do not.

Does anyone know what, for the new Up Front, these might be for and why only a few of the armies need them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
mbmbmbmbmb
Banzai & Berserk i imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most markers in UF are not nation specific - they mark things like range, weapon malfunction, pinned etc, so additional nationality cards can be added without need for additional counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the old Up Front, most of the counters for each nationality were for weapons--malfunctioned weapons and for when a man was trying to acquire or had acquired a weapon that was not his own (usually because its former holder was killed.)

These have been replaced by cards.

The only nationality specific counters were Berserk counters for the Russians (which really aren't necessary as Berserk is resolved immediately after the turn, the Berserk man goes into CC and either dies or survives and is "no longer Berserk.") and Japanese have Banzai, which can last for multiple turns until the Banzai group eliminates every man its target group or is eliminated itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
and Japanese have Banzai, which can last for multiple turns until the Banzai group eliminates every man its target group or is eliminated itself

sounds quite powerful?? does it get any modifiers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
Quote:
and Japanese have Banzai, which can last for multiple turns until the Banzai group eliminates every man its target group or is eliminated itself

sounds quite powerful?? does it get any modifiers?

It's hugely risky if done prior to RR5 (or "RR"0 in the new system). I believe once you've entered Banzai you can't back your group out of it. And every guy that gets pinned is eliminated from the game immediately. I believe you're also required to play any movement card in your hand on that group first before using any others for different groups.

But if you can get to close combat distance it's very effective cause it by-passes the moral check and infiltration attempts- which is not an easy thing to accomplish for the rest of the nations.

BTW, the group counters (chits) were also specific to each nation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.