Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Up Front» Forums » General

Subject: Up Front Kickstarter breaches 50,000 in less than 2 days! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. Lets get this awesome game back in print.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we still have every confidence in the project given the recent news of lawsuits?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad we could have an Up Front thread without bringing up the lawsuits...
30 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
I'm so glad we could have an Up Front thread without bringing up the lawsuits...


Just don't mention the war! Oh, bugger.

B>
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can get a gun a horse and a whip if anyone wants one shake
10 
 Thumb up
0.52
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for a release of medical records, notarized lie detector tests, and an FBI background check before I pledge. Also, where was Rik on 11/22/63?

Seriously though, I'm excited to see Up Front return, and with loads of extra nationalities!
19 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the people here on BGG need to put away their foil hats!

Im sure the fact that they released Dday dice and Airborne in your pocket is a sign that UF is going to be OK.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 2 days? I believe it started on Friday the 16th. So more like 5 days. I'm a newbie to kickstarter so I don't know if that's significant or not. But 50k sure sounds like a lot to me.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tronia
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
Less than 2 days? I believe it started on Friday the 16th. So more like 5 days. I'm a newbie to kickstarter so I don't know if that's significant or not. But 50k sure sounds like a lot to me.


It's good, but nowhere near the top.

Double Fine (guys who worked on old Lucasarts games) raised $1 million their first 24 hours, and ended with $3.3 million.

Now that's impressive.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game will continue to grow especially if Rik can release more images and information on the new version. He needs to drum up excitement over the game. Some of it is there, but you can't stop at just "Up Front."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ObrGrp wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:
Less than 2 days? I believe it started on Friday the 16th. So more like 5 days. I'm a newbie to kickstarter so I don't know if that's significant or not. But 50k sure sounds like a lot to me.


It's good, but nowhere near the top.

Double Fine (guys who worked on old Lucasarts games) raised $1 million their first 24 hours, and ended with $3.3 million.

Now that's impressive.

Yes it is but to be fair, that was a video game and they generally have much more popular interest than board games. Airborne in Your Pocket rang up $102,010. Ogre at an amazing $923,680 was a smash success on Kickstarter.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Toltesi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Calgary Wargamer!
badge
So many games...so little time!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Should we still have every confidence in the project given the recent news of lawsuits?


Sigh. Thanks for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It only needed 30,000 so anything else is just gravy
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:
Im sure the fact that they released Dday dice and Airborne in your pocket is a sign that UF is going to be OK.

Who is the "they" you refer to?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:
It only needed 30,000 so anything else is just gravy


I do wonder though if starting below how much you actually need is a tactic. I mean 30k when starting out seems reasonable. If they really needed 100,000 maybe that large of an amount creates resistance?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
I do wonder though if starting below how much you actually need is a tactic. I mean 30k when starting out seems reasonable. If they really needed 100,000 maybe that large of an amount creates resistance?


Isn't 30k a fairly small print-run? After all, you can cover it with 250 backers (at 125 level) which is far away from the usual P500/P750 numbers.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
dude163 wrote:
Im sure the fact that they released Dday dice and Airborne in your pocket is a sign that UF is going to be OK.

Who is the "they" you refer to?


The mayan UFO pilots
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dude163 wrote:
Ward wrote:
dude163 wrote:
Im sure the fact that they released Dday dice and Airborne in your pocket is a sign that UF is going to be OK.

Who is the "they" you refer to?


The mayan UFO pilots

Just as likely to be the legal publishers of D-Day Dice as Radiant Games is. whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roar Stensrud
Norway
Tolvsroed
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
I can get a gun a horse and a whip if anyone wants one shake


Looks like we might need that...snore

R.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bk_otj wrote:
Great news. Lets get this awesome game back in print.


Great, but why do we need TRIPLE that just to get Poland? Seriously, you think that the first country to get invaded would be more desirable than Greece or Romania.shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.