Subject: Insertion and playing with no non-event rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martti Lauri
Estonia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As most we started playing with the rules as written, but all the missions were way too easy and seldom there were few scary momements were failure seemed like possibility in road far ahead. So in the end we decided to up the ante so to speak and play with the rules as designed. That means, if we get non-event draw we draw new card for it until we get the event. We started using it during 3rd or 4th mission. It made stuff harder and there were more of problematic momenets and first fail at 4th mission. Fifth mission has been quite a big jump in difficulty, but its enjoyable. From the 10+ failed attempts in two we have arrived at the last op with events behind us but not enough cards to get done with the op itself. We'll keep trying.

Now for the question itself. If we play with 'always event' modified rule, how deep we hide the insertion card? If we draw replacement for the no-event cards we dig through the event-deck much faster than intended in the rulebook. How the designer itself would play in that regard? Shuffle as written in the rulebook or get more cards into which to shuffle the insertion card? Or some other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paeuser
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would draw new Event-Cards from the bottom of the Event-Card-Deck until I find an Event-Card with an event on it in order to replace the drawn "Non-Event" Event-Card. This should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I play by turning over from the top of the event deck. This makes the insertion card come earlier which makes it harder. Try the progressive skill checks for more difficulty. It is in my variant post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that means no change to the number of cards that the insertion card is shuffled in to then when using the always draw a skill event card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Yes. I play with no change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.