flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about doing an order of bits from Spielmaterial:

http://www.spielmaterial.de/english3/

As is often the case, the more you order the cheaper things become. So I thought I would see if anyone else was interested in buying stuff, and potentially sharing a bigger order with a lower unit price. My main need is small cubes, and I would expect to order some in most of the colours that they offer. I will also probably fill up things like meeples, larger cubes and perhaps other shaped bits.

I would anticipate that I would split the postage back to me pro-rata to the cost of the items, and then charge postage at cost from me to you.

Any takers? What would you be looking to buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When are you doing it? I might want in, but only in January
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
When are you doing it? I might want in, but only in January
If and when I get organised. I was assuming earlier than January, but if there is no demand until then, then I might change my mind. Most of what I want is not urgent (basically to replenish my stocks), though I do have a pressing need for a few small pink cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia
France
Losne
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
badge
Good grief!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in small euro cubes of different colours, as I am building 'aether captain: clockwork cabal' and some more of the P&P games, so a batch of 40 of them would be convenient. I need different colours too, 5 colours to be precise - small amount of red, small amount of green, small amount of black, plenty of blue and plenty of white.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soniaandree wrote:
I would be interested in small euro cubes of different colours, as I am building 'aether captain: clockwork cabal' and some more of the P&P games, so a batch of 40 of them would be convenient. I need different colours too, 5 colours to be precise - small amount of red, small amount of green, small amount of black, plenty of blue and plenty of white.
This is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. If you buy 40 cubes at 8 per colour, you will pay 8c each. If that gets combined with other orders, so that I actually order 100 of each colour, you will pay 6c each. But we do need other folks to join in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:

Any takers? What would you be looking to buy?

I may well be interested - I'll have a look at what I have and what I need when I get home this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
though I do have a pressing need for a few small pink cubes.

I don't need anything at present, but I was wondering what size and how many pink cubes you need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
though I do have a pressing need for a few small pink cubes.

I don't need anything at present, but I was wondering what size and how many pink cubes you need?
Little ones (8mm) and 15. I have just made the PnP version of Tahiti, and that needs 15 cubes in each of 5 colours: Brown, yellow green, pink, white. 10mm cubes are too big to fit on the player boards really, which is a shame as I have enough 10mm cubes of those colours. But for 8mm cubes, I do not have any pink (though I do have enough red that I could substitute, and enough of the other colours).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I can supply you with the 15 pink cubes you need at no cost. Drop me a GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia
France
Losne
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
badge
Good grief!
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:

Wow! Does this mean the bulk order might be cancelled after all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soniaandree wrote:
JoffW wrote:

Wow! Does this mean the bulk order might be cancelled after all?
That will depend on how many folks show interest. If there are enough, I will go ahead (and will not need to take Jeff up on his kind offer), but if it splutters to a halt (the last time I tried to do this sort of thing (for blank dice) I got exactly zero response), then I will not bother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia
France
Losne
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
badge
Good grief!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can up the order to 50 if it needs bulking a bit more, if we are to go ahead meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
soniaandree wrote:
This is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. If you buy 40 cubes at 8 per colour, you will pay 8c each. If that gets combined with other orders, so that I actually order 100 of each colour, you will pay 6c each. But we do need other folks to join in.

But would shipping it to you and then across several different European countries not negate the savings on those cubes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
soniaandree wrote:

But would shipping it to you and then across several different European countries not negate the savings on those cubes?
Possibly, though it will depend on the amount we order. Remember that if you are going to buy stuff without thiss, you will have to pay for one set of postage from Spielmaterial. If you are in Germany, then it probably makes sense to ignore this and go it alone. But if you are in a third country (i.e. neither the UK, nor Germany) then shipping from me to you will probably be less (or at least not more) that Spielmaterial would charge you. So you have to compare the discount against your share of the postage from Spielmaterial to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What cost are you looking to bring it down to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
What cost are you looking to bring it down to?
I don't really have a target for that: just as much as I can. The prices on their site go down to 4c per cube (from 8c). You have to order 1,000 to get that, so I have no real expectation of doing so. So just 'as much as we can', I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be looking to buy some 20mm blocks http://www.spielmaterial.de/english3/
but not sure if that will help with your order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
I might be looking to buy some 20mm blocks http://www.spielmaterial.de/english3/
but not sure if that will help with your order?
Not really, though it might save you a little postage. However, thus far the response (as it was the last time when I tied this with dice) has not been enough to make the effort worthwhile. If this *bump* does not trigger a flood of people wanting in, I will give up on the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just found this site in my favourites
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?sub_category=Wood...

I do not think I have ever ordered from them but it might be worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whatambush wrote:
I have just found this site in my favourites
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?sub_category=Wood...

I do not think I have ever ordered from them but it might be worth a look.
More expensive that Spielmaterial, an no volume discounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be interested, but the one thing I desperately need is a bunch of trains. I'll check what else I need. I've got quite a lot of cubes, but I may be short of some colours (including pink). I'll come back and let you know if it looks like it's worth me joining.

I've use boardgameextras and they were fine. I think for a small order from the UK they are probably cheaper because of spielmaterial's higher delivery cost, but spielmaterial's unit costs seem to be lower and bge don't have the range that spielmaterial do. For instance, the only trains they do are TTR sets, but I'm looking for engines on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j409603 wrote:
I might be interested, but the one thing I desperately need is a bunch of trains. I'll check what else I need. I've got quite a lot of cubes, but I may be short of some colours (including pink). I'll come back and let you know if it looks like it's worth me joining.

I've use boardgameextras and they were fine. I think for a small order from the UK they are probably cheaper because of spielmaterial's higher delivery cost, but spielmaterial's unit costs seem to be lower and bge don't have the range that spielmaterial do. For instance, the only trains they do are TTR sets, but I'm looking for engines on their own.
I was thinking of buying some trains - I have the Steam wooden train set, but AoS, which uses different colours ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
]More expensive that Spielmaterial, an no volume discounts.

They're more expensive than SpielMaterial if you want colours other than black, white, red, blue or yellow, but BoardGameExtras does a good deal on a mixed bag of those:

http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=1810#.ULEJe4fF9...

It works out around 5p a cube including shipping, which is better than SpielMaterial until you hit insane numbers of cubes.

For what it's worth, I had a look around and while I don't have a huge number of most of the odd colours, I also don't have any immediate need for them either. If there's enough other people pitching in to bring them to 6p ea. or cheaper, I could go for 50 each of green, orange, purple, grey, pink and brown. If you do end up placing an order let me know, 'cause there's a couple of other things I'd be interested in from SpielMaterial.

Do you know if the volume discounts apply to the entire count of cubes you order or just the number of cubes of a particular colour? That is to say - I would be after 300 cubes in different colours, would that be enough on its own to get to the 5p-a-cube more-than-250 threshold, or (as I presume is the case) would others need to be ordering at least 200 each of those colours at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
Do you know if the volume discounts apply to the entire count of cubes you order or just the number of cubes of a particular colour? That is to say - I would be after 300 cubes in different colours, would that be enough on its own to get to the 5p-a-cube more-than-250 threshold, or (as I presume is the case) would others need to be ordering at least eighty each of those colours at the same time?

I'm 99.9% sure that that you have to order the required quantity of a particular colour to get a discount, not a mixture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j409603 wrote:
Bichatse wrote:
Do you know if the volume discounts apply to the entire count of cubes you order or just the number of cubes of a particular colour? That is to say - I would be after 300 cubes in different colours, would that be enough on its own to get to the 5p-a-cube more-than-250 threshold, or (as I presume is the case) would others need to be ordering at least eighty each of those colours at the same time?

I'm 99.9% sure that that you have to order the required quantity of a particular colour to get a discount, not a mixture.
This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.