Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been searching High and Low for this online and the only places that seem to be selling it are US sites. Some will ship to the UK but as with most games due to the weight the postage can be quite hefty and don't get me started about when they hit you with import duty at customs! I was just wondering does anyone know is there a UK release date for this as none of the sites I usually shop from have this in stock or even in upcoming releases? I would be very grateful for any info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably need to track the "EU petition" thread.

Basically not currently being distributed outside N.America, although Upper Deck are apparently working to try and make this happen. No timelines given.

Only present option at the moment is to US source it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would have to ask your local (or online) shops to import the game. We here in North America have to do it all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Robert
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the UK i think you will get The DC Legendary version.
Its all about license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
You would have to ask your local (or online) shops to import the game. We here in North America have to do it all the time.

Unless they can import sufficient quantities to get some sort of savings, they'll end up costing more than importing yourself... postage and import tax will still have to be paid by someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems odd. My local shops are frequently able to import just a handful of european-only games and the price is most certainly less than (or at least the same) as if I imported myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165534

I got it from here. Works out about £50 with import tax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose if I want it any time soon I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the import duty. Otherwise who knows how long I'll be waiting? I did find a seller on ebay that has a pretty reasonable postage cost on it. I think it's the guy Rodney Smith from Watch It Played recommended. Thanks for the info guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boomstick43 wrote:
I suppose if I want it any time soon I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the import duty. Otherwise who knows how long I'll be waiting? I did find a seller on ebay that has a pretty reasonable postage cost on it. I think it's the guy Rodney Smith from Watch It Played recommended. Thanks for the info guys.

Hi, where did you see Rodney recommend a seller? I might look into the same route in order to get this awesome game...

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just figure that the earlier you get the game, the more value you get out of it before you die. Don't hesitate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrvectrex wrote:
boomstick43 wrote:

Hi, where did you see Rodney recommend a seller? I might look into the same route in order to get this awesome game...

Thanks in advance...

It's discount games store on ebay. They're currently one of the Watch It Played Sponsors. They're selling it for around £34 with £18 postage to the UK. Here's the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marvel-Legendary-Deck-Building-Gam...

In all honesty Living in Northern Ireland most of the game stores I buy from are based in England and even though I'm in the UK I still end up paying £16 postage because they all use courriers and we're deemed a remote region. So for me the only big difference is going to be the import duty.

Hope you get a copy I'm itching to give it a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Just figure that the earlier you get the game, the more value you get out of it before you die. Don't hesitate!

Well said and I whole heartedly agree!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hill
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
boomstick43 wrote:
mrvectrex wrote:
boomstick43 wrote:

Thanks in advance...

It's discount games store on ebay. They're currently one of the Watch It Played Sponsors. They're selling it for around £34 with £18 postage to the UK. Here's the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marvel-Legendary-Deck-Building-Gam...

In all honesty Living in Northern Ireland most of the game stores I buy from are based in England and even though I'm in the UK I still end up paying £16 postage because they all use courriers and we're deemed a remote region. So for me the only big difference is going to be the import duty.

Hope you get a copy I'm itching to give it a blast.

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I went for it and got it on ebay. Cost me about £47 including postage which was rather quite good as I suspect that if or when it does get a release over here it will probably be in the £45-£50 range. Now I just have to wait and see how much the import duty is going to be. Hopefully it wont be too bad. Fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Hasson
United Kingdom
Derry
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomstick43 wrote:
I have been searching High and Low for this online and the only places that seem to be selling it are US sites. Some will ship to the UK but as with most games due to the weight the postage can be quite hefty and don't get me started about when they hit you with import duty at customs! I was just wondering does anyone know is there a UK release date for this as none of the sites I usually shop from have this in stock or even in upcoming releases? I would be very grateful for any info.

Date Time Location Tracking Event
17-12-2012 11:56 Londonderry Depot Delivered
17-12-2012 08:47 Londonderry Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
17-12-2012 08:37 Londonderry Depot Received at delivery depot
17-12-2012 04:38 Belfast Central Depot Received at delivery depot
14-12-2012 18:17 National Hub Received and processed
14-12-2012 10:41 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing
14-12-2012 10:39 International Hub Received in destination country
11-12-2012 07:41 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Forwarded for export
11-12-2012 06:33 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Forwarded for export
05-12-2012 15:39 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

After waiting and watching the following delivery updates with much anticipation.... finally it arrived!!! Now I just have to wait until Tuesday morning when I can open it!!

Wooohooo!

Oh and even better didn't get hit with any import duty!!!!!

Wooohooo again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.