Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Last week we had our very first game of Star Trek: Fleet Captains: it was a test game that we didnt finish. We didn't know the rules very well (in fact I just read the manual while my other 2 friends played the game) but we had lots of fun (we are all fans of the main show).

I was wondering, to speed up things, could some veteran of this game suggest me a 2P setup and a 4P setup for the game just to get a faster and less tedious setup (Yeah, we think its a little too long!)?

I am requesting a draft for command deck and for ship selection (I know its random but I dont want to tease the others doing that step). PLease help me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just play to less VP, like 6 or 8? That also reduces your fleet size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Why not just play to less VP, like 6 or 8? That also reduces your fleet size.

No, I want a regular game. I already had the first test game. I dont want to repeat it. I'd like the full experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quosa
Germany
Mönchengaldbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Pwn since 1981
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my sugestion for the first start:

principle : NOT RANDOM -> CHOOSE

- standart setup (i.e .FED 1vs1 KLG, a 5 row space), but ..

1. manipulate missons: do not choose them randomly, search easy missons (i.e. "scan planet > 10", or 'attack an run' [hit a ship], replace complex missons (with a large text) with others). It's a little bit frustrating if you play the first time and choose your first misson and you have to read a large text and you still don't know what to do. Complex missons gave you 2VP, easy ones 1VP. Secret missons could stay, if they are easy to understand i.e. "capture colony, build by your opponent". You have to do more easy ones to get your 10VP and you will realize that missions are only ONE way to get VP. In my eyes it is a very good first time modifiction.

2. choose your ship: if you play first time as FED, you will certain play with a known ship from the series, i.e. the USS Enterprise E; but concentrate on ships without a bonus. Especially as Klingon, do not play the first with that tribble-ship, it could complicate your play. Choose 4 small ships. This will help you to learn how to use your 3 actions (every round, one ship could not do an action; 4 ships but 3 actions)

[if you want, you could manipulate the locaton tile(more or less difficult locations) or the encounter deck, but in my eyes it's not necessary and not recommended.]

OK, that's my proposition for the first 'full experience'

(it is possibe, that you get exactly such a setup by random selection, if you play the game the first time, you can provoke that setup)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.