Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a quarter end the rule say:

First, remove the following tiles from the game:
- All forum tiles that were used to meet the people’s
demands.
- All senate tiles, no matter if they were used or not.
- All tiles from the forum (including any extra action
tiles).

My question is : Do I have to remove the senate tile in military area or just the senate tiles in forum and in met´s players?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I've always interpreted that rule as 'senate tiles from your own board', not as 'senate tiles from wherever'. This is reinforced by the third bullet which suggests a transition from 'own board' to 'common board' due to the addition of 'the forum'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
I've always interpreted that rule as 'senate tiles from your own board', not as 'senate tiles from wherever'. This is reinforced by the third bullet which suggests a transition from 'own board' to 'common board' due to the addition of 'the forum'.

+1 to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it means any senate tiles that you've collected, as they cannot be saved for use in another election. Any on the map remain where they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Taouil
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree with you. It was not make sense to me remove senate tiles from the military are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Girts Gosko
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmb
"- All forum tiles that were used to meet the people’s
demands.
- All senate tiles, no matter if they were used or not.
- All tiles from the forum (including any extra action
tiles)."

Remove senate tiles only from player board, because:
1) First line about forum tiles relates to player tiles only and there are no signs, that second line is about different scope.
2) Line about forum tiles relates to player boards. To use these tiles, those should be owned by players. Senate tiles "no matter if they were used or not" are by default meant from player board, because senate tiles on common board are not available for any use as such.
3) As previously said, "All tiles from the forum.." says about common board part, however as we all know, in forum there can also be senate tiles, so why to say - first remove senate tiles and then other forum tiles? Is not logical in this context.

Conclusion: remove all senate tiles from player boards only (of course, remove also those senate tiles used to count votes in senate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.