Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone Selling just the abom pack (extra tiles promo characters and extra abom mini)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game a little while ago and I must say I didnt think I would like it as much as I do. It is a real blast! Anyhow the crummy part is that I have no way of getting the extra characters tiles and extra abom.... If anyone is selling this or willing to give it to me that would be awesome as this would go to a very good home! I wish they sold them on your website ..... Only thing I hate about kickstarter when you miss something and they gave out really good promo's you have no way of getting them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
There seem to be a number of people willing to "give them" to you on eBay if you give them $300 in exchange.

There are also a few posts in this forum about an auction that currently has a copy for sale and the last price I saw was $150, but that is bound to go up.

There are also posts about simply buying a second copy of Zombicide to cover most of this, and then printing out the extra characters and using similar miniatures (and where to buy them).

In short, you'll probably have better luck buying lottery tickets than obtaining the abomination pack for anything close to its original price. This price will probably also continue to go up.

I also believe with 100% confidence that despite whatever Kickstarter malarky was said during the campaign that these characters will ABSOLUTELY be for sale or included in a future expansion. They will probably be slightly different so they make good on their "exclusive" promises but it makes absolutely no business sense for them not to sell these and profit from them. I have yet to see a successful super hit Kickstarter that didn't ultimately re-sell a variant on the "exclusive" bits that were in high demand. For example: Alien Frontiers, D-Day Dice, Sentinels of the Multiverse, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what you're after you're better off buying a second copy

You'll get the extra abomination, a boat load more zombies, tiles, item cards, dice, chits, etc.....

If you want to use the promo characters, dl the cards for them and buy some stand ins from hasslefree or another mini company.

Doing all that you'll end up with more ans pay half as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:

I also believe with 100% confidence that despite whatever Kickstarter malarky was said during the campaign that these characters will ABSOLUTELY be for sale or included in a future expansion. They will probably be slightly different so they make good on their "exclusive" promises but it makes absolutely no business sense for them not to sell these and profit from them. I have yet to see a successful super hit Kickstarter that didn't ultimately re-sell a variant on the "exclusive" bits that were in high demand. For example: Alien Frontiers, D-Day Dice, Sentinels of the Multiverse, etc.

Maybe they're not doing it purely for the profit!

But, also, minis are a little different to most other items in that the moulds, even metal ones, only last a certain amount of time before they have to be scrapped.

So there is a fixed cost to making X number of copies and that cost doesn't go down if you make more than X.

Oh, and to everyone that moans about Kickstarter exclusive promos - I hope you moan every time you buy almost any game, because one look at the Promos Geeklist will tell you that Board Games companies have been doing exclusive promos for far far longer than Kickstarter has existed! The only difference is now you know about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:

I asked them about this when they posted the Steven Segal picture as the new character for Toxic City Mall and they said that they would be making an announcement in the new year. Whether this will be for a release of the kickstarter only characters I don't know but I suspect that they will be releasing them in some form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wgerken wrote:
There seem to be a number of people willing to "give them" to you on eBay if you give them $300 in exchange.

There are also a few posts in this forum about an auction that currently has a copy for sale and the last price I saw was $150, but that is bound to go up.

There are also posts about simply buying a second copy of Zombicide to cover most of this, and then printing out the extra characters and using similar miniatures (and where to buy them).

In short, you'll probably have better luck buying lottery tickets than obtaining the abomination pack for anything close to its original price. This price will probably also continue to go up.

Please read what i am asking for. I am loooking for the abom pack only not the base game plus abom pack. I know it is crazy not to want to buy the whole pack when i already have it but that is what i am asking for. I figuretgere is someone out there that is just happy with the base game and doesnt want the abom pack. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
Please read what i am asking for. I am loooking for the abom pack only not the base game plus abom pack. I know it is crazy not to want to buy the whole pack when i already have it but that is what i am asking for. I figuretgere is someone out there that is just happy with the base game and doesnt want the abom pack. Thanks.

Ya know, this is the second post that you've made in which I commented on, and the second time that you were annoyed that the replies weren't living up to your expectations.

For the record, I fully understood your question on both posts and replied to them how I felt was appropriate. You're really not going to find this at any reasonable price unless reasonable is $200+ to you.

I shared some helpful advice to achieve the next best thing. Sorry for wasting your time.

Sheesh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An abomination pack without the origional game? Well, you could donate $300+ to an ebay seller and ask them to knock $60 off the price and keep the base game. You would still be looking at around $250ish for the extra figs.

Its actually kinds funny because you can get the extra trays of zombies elsewhere, and apparently the walk of the dead deck as well. Looks like the $200+ is all because of four plastic miniatures and their cardboard dashboards (I know, more will be coming next year).

As for those with 100% confidence these minis will be released later, you are very wrong. They publicly stated in writing that they would only be available through KS and possibly the leftovers sold/given away at conventions. If they did produce them later they would be looking at a huge lawsuit

... and I would be rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
455_PWR wrote:
An abomination pack without the origional game? Well, you could donate $300+ to an ebay seller and ask them to knock $60 off the price and keep the base game. You would still be looking at around $250ish for the extra figs.

Its actually kinds funny because you can get the extra trays of zombies elsewhere, and apparently the walk of the dead deck as well. Looks like the $200+ is all because of four plastic miniatures and their cardboard dashboards (I know, more will be coming next year).

As for those with 100% confidence these minis will be released later, you are very wrong. They publicly stated in writing that they would only be available through KS and possibly the leftovers sold/given away at conventions. If they did produce them later they would be looking at a huge lawsuit

... and I would be rich

where can you get the extra trays of zombies and the walk of dead deck? and what about the extra tiles? Thanks for your reply.... Better reply than others.....laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
wgerken wrote:

I asked them about this when they posted the Steven Segal picture as the new character for Toxic City Mall and they said that they would be making an announcement in the new year. Whether this will be for a release of the kickstarter only characters I don't know but I suspect that they will be releasing them in some form.

I read your question (well, I think it was your question that I read) on Facebook, Jonah, and, to me, it didn't seem like you were asking about the Kickstarter promo minis, but rather the promos for the 1st expansion, Toxic Mall. Is it possible Guillotine Games read it that way too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The part of my question relating to the kickstarter promo characters was 'Will you be attending any UK conventions where the Kickstarter promo character will be available in the UK?' as I knew they'd said that they may be available at conventions as well which we get the short thrift on here in the UK and their reply was 'Michael, a bit of patience... in 2013 we will announce something '. Nothing concrete can be drawn from that but I've read elsewhere (and infuriatingly I can't remember where now!) that there's a chance that they may come out as another release (there's also rumours of them being linked to another Kickstarter, this time for the expansion).

From a legal point of view if they wanted to get away with releasing the characters then they could just release different sculpts for them with perhaps slightly altered rules, this way they have still fulfilled their obligation for the ones with Kickstarter ones to be exclusive and not open them up to a lawsuit (although some potentially disgruntled people who did support the game on Kickstarter). They could also add them into a Kickstarter for the expansion if this does happen, this way they're still Kickstarter exclusives. Not sure whether this will happen, guess time will tell! I'm going to try to source alternative miniatures for now.

With regards to getting the abomination pack I think you're going to struggle Jacob. If people have played the game then they want the extra survivors (who are some of the best) and the extra tray of zombies is very useful. Seems the only people getting rid of those things are people who don't want the game at all or who bought extras in order to sell on. In both cases they are selling the whole set so the best suggestion is buying the lot and then just selling the base game back on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
where can you get the extra trays of zombies and the walk of dead deck? and what about the extra tiles? Thanks for your reply.... Better reply than others.....laugh

If you're looking for the extra tiles you can still get those on the CMON webstore. As well as the glow in the dark dice that came the Abomination pack as well. And I think it's worth noting that CMON's store is 15% off right now for black friday sales.

As far as being able to find the abomination pack by itself I think I would agree with everyone else. You're probably out of luck unless you start bidding on ebay for the whole package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Yeah
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Where's my YEAH?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the dice you mentioned. Link please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=zo...=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Yeah
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Where's my YEAH?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillotine just posted the following on FB along with a (crap) photo of the characters:

Look what we found today in the letter box... test shots of the promo figures...
To all the people asking us if these will be available to the market... The answer is no.
These figures were conceived for the Kickstarter action and for Kickstarter backer only. We cannot betray our word and lack of respect to our backers.
Dashboards will be free for download, so you can play with a proxy... I kno
w many of you won't be happy, but I hope you understand our choice (and look from this perspective our choice: we are giving up good potential sales because we value more our word than some easy money...)
Many figures are coming in future offers... Be sure of not
We will start the production of these promo figures in few weeks...
And yes the photo is not good... I know...
And yes if some more boxes will be produced (that is often the case in mass production) we will find a way to offer them to the original Kickstarter backers only (always for the reasons above).
now please don't kill us with your comments...

So that's a definite no to any possibility of them coming out separately. Pretty gutted as really wanted to get hold of them without breaking the bank completely but I can understand why they're done it. So if you want the abomination stuff including all the promo characters then it's an expensive eBay purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Duderino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that sucks!

All I want is th extra survivor minis! I'd pay $60 bucks just for El Cholo, Nick, and Dave.

Damn this game! It's so addicting! I need those minis!

Wish I was around for the kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty gutted about missing the Kickstarter. The only thing I can advice is trawling eBay and BGG for deals. I've just managed to get the Abomination pack with all the future promo miniatures for $300 including shipping. Three times the price of the Kickstarter but cheaper than some options. Does mean I now have an Abomination pack for sale less the promo survivors now though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Sickler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
jonahmaul wrote:
I'm pretty gutted about missing the Kickstarter. The only thing I can advice is trawling eBay and BGG for deals. I've just managed to get the Abomination pack with all the future promo miniatures for $300 including shipping. Three times the price of the Kickstarter but cheaper than some options. Does mean I now have an Abomination pack for sale less the promo survivors now though!

What exactly is in the Abomination pack please and how much are you going to be selling it for?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the base game with an extra tray of zombies, two sets of Zombicide dice, a signed picture and a T-shirt. Usually comes with the promo survivors as well but I am keeping them. I'm afraid I've already sold all the other bits on to a friend though. For future reference I'm selling them for £100 (just over $150) which is a little less than I've seen them go for on eBay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
For future reference I'm selling them for £100 (just over $150) which is a little less than I've seen them go for on eBay

Indeed. I sold mine (base game, extra zombie tray, dice, t-shirt, signed picture) for £120 - only difference was mine had 3 sets of dice, not 2 ('cos I got an extra set of the white dice in the Kickstarter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If they did produce them later they would be looking at a huge lawsuit...

Only in America would someone even think to mention the idea of a lawsuit over little plastic figures. shake

A comment of "we won't make these available later" is about as binding as a Diplomacy promise.

They probably won't to keep their Kickstarter backers happy. Of course, that sucks for all their non-backers since they didn't give you enough characters in the base game to provide any variety in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
they didn't give you enough characters in the base game to provide any variety in play.

If you ignore the fact that you can download and print the character sheets for all but one of the Kickstarter promo characters...

But let us not let facts get in the way of good rant, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Paulson
msg tools
If you add the extra zombie from the Abomination pack into the mix it makes the game a bit easier as it helps keep zombies from getting extra activations when the pieces run out.

If I were buying the game at this point and wanted gobs of walkers I'd just pick up two copies of the game, that way I have extra tiles, tons of figures and an extra abomination figure.

On KS I'd gotten an abomination package plus an extra set of tiles, it ran me more than buying two nomral sets and I actually have a few less models. The exception is that I got KS promo figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those KS Promo figures are worth a fortune though! The whole Abomination Pack including the future promo characters just went for £540 on eBay and a listing with Dave, El Cholo & Nick only sold for £110 + postage. I have the game and just bought some plastic Zombie Vixens and some Studio Miniatures plastic Zombies which I will use as extras because two trays can make the game harder. I've not found a reason to need more than 9 tiles yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.