Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Does an Edition of the Game Available In the US have the Animeeples? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I am very interested in getting this game but would like the animeeples (and resource meeples?).

Is there an edition of the game available in the US that comes with those features? Or, do I have to purchase them separately? If separately, do you have recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help. Looking forward to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
There is not a version of the game that ships with them. You can, however, get the animeeples if you purchase Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, the two-player version of the game.

I have the MayDay Euro token set. You can also get the Goodies expansion which has the meeples and some other stuff (extra decks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
There is not a version of the game that ships with them. You can, however, get the animeeples if you purchase Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, the two-player version of the game.

I have the MayDay Euro token set. You can also get the Goodies expansion which has the meeples and some other stuff (extra decks).

In a recent thread, someone said that the newest edition comes with animeeples, but I don't know anything past that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-man stated that only the first 750 US copies would have the animeeples as a thank-you to those who preordered when no-one knew what Agricola was.

I don't know if that holds under the new management.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
One of the reasons why I am asking is that I was shopping around on the internet for a copy and I thought I had come across a version (new?) that said that it came with the animeeples, but now I can't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The newest edition has animeeples in it. All other editions but the US had them in all their printings so now the US edition will contain them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
RoccoTerrier wrote:
One of the reasons why I am asking is that I was shopping around on the internet for a copy and I thought I had come across a version (new?) that said that it came with the animeeples, but now I can't find it.

But, that's just the animeeples. If you also want the vegimeeples, then as suggested above, just get
Agricola: The Goodies Expansion along with the base game. You get some extra "goodies" in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zev, were there any updates to any of the occupations or minor improvements based on the German's latest changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Hufnagel
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I've owned a copy for a year now, I just played this game for the first time at BGG.Con. Zev taught us, and it was great!

The BGG library set had all the meeples -- human, animal, plants. When I came home and opened my set, I was disappointed to see all I had were cubes and disks.

I am glad to hear I can get the "real" pieces. The cubes work well, but -- maybe because I learned with the meeples -- I find they just aren't quite as fun.

I highly recommend getting the Animeeples and Vegimeeples!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
But, that's just the animeeples. If you also want the vegimeeples, then as suggested above, just get
Agricola: The Goodies Expansion along with the base game. You get some extra "goodies" in the process.

The Goodies appear to be unavailable at most etailers. Going OOP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kraus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

In a recent thread, someone said that the newest edition comes with animeeples, but I don't know anything past that.

I just purchased the game just last week from http://www.coolstuffinc.com during their Cyber Monday sale and it came with Animeeples. The box actually says "now includes animeeples" in the top right corner. But as Patrick said, it is just the animals. The people and resources are still disks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Adamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Schweinebub wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

I just purchased the game just last week from http://www.coolstuffinc.com during their Cyber Monday sale and it came with Animeeples. The box actually says "now includes animeeples" in the top right corner. But as Patrick said, it is just the animals. The people and resources are still disks.

Yay, I just ordered myself and am glad to learn this. Actually, I think I prefer animeeples and discs to all meeples (or cubes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.