Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

game just arrived in the mailbox and seems fantastic. First concern is what seems an ambiguity in the rules.

4.0 OPERATIONS RANGE

"An army that had an operations range of 3-6 in a scenario, would have to Use a minimum of three units and a maximum
of six units before the other side would be allowed to Use units (ex-ception – see Opportunity Fire)."

This way it seems that first player move/fire/op fire 3-6 of his units, then the second player do the same AND THAT'S ALL. But in a following paragraph:

"Players alternate using their units (either moving or firing) with-in the limits of their operations range until all units have been
Used on both sides
."

Furthermore:

"Once one side has Used all of its units, the
other side may continue to Use the rest of his units."

This two statements seems to point to a first player- one unit, the second player- one unit, then again first player- one unit, second player- one unit etc move/fire/op fire sequence.

Third case (IMHO the correct one):

First player moves at least the min number of units based on operations range, but not more than max; then second player do the same; than first player do the same again (if has units not ordered yet) and so on.

What is the correct interpretation?

Sincerely,

Gabriele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
First player moves at least the min number of units based on operations range, but not more than max; then second player do the same; than first player do the same again (if has units not ordered yet) and so on.

This interpretation is correct. Then if one player has run out of units, the other player 'Uses' his remaining Unused units.

So let's say we both have an Ops Range of 3-6, and you have 4 units left and I have 11 units left. You 'Use' three units and then it is my turn. I choose to 'Use' four units. You 'Use' your remaining unit, and now you have no more. I can now 'Use' my remaining seven units, even though seven is larger than my Ops Range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Stecchi
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Beresford, exactly what I thought.

Sincerely,

Gabriele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.