Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Railways of the World» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do you track the "first to deliver 4 cubes..."? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how others keep "track" for the starting card, "First to deliver 4 different-colored cubes". We just have each player hold onto the cubes they've delivered until a player meets the requirement but part of me hates to do it that way because those cubes really belong in the bag.

Didn't know if anyone out there had a more practical solution. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you write it down, that's really the only way. The cube percentages in the bag will not really be off by much, and since this is a beginning card, not too many people are urbanizing cities early in the game, so most of the time, the card is already resolved before more cubes are needed.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"The cubes really belong in the bag"? Says who? The rules state clearly that the cubes belong in front of you until somebody meets the 4 color bonus. Then they belong in the bag.

So I'm wondering how you track how much money each player has? We've been doing that by giving each player some of the paper money, but some of us hate that because paper money really belongs in the bank.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We do the same as you. Not a big deal really.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This ties back into the complicated printing history of the game. The "Passenger Lines" card was first added in Rails of Europe (2008) (aka Railways of Europe) when it replaced Railroad Tycoon's "New Train" card, so the rules you were looking for are printed in all editions of Railways of Europe.

Because of this oversight, the rules are also printed in the 2010 Railways of Mexico rule book.
Railways of Mexico wrote:
Passenger Line - The first player to deliver 4 of the 5 goods colors earns this card and bonus points. To keep track, players place goods cubes in front of them (1 of each color as the player makes a delivery) until a player delivers a fourth color and then all cubes that were in front of all players are returned to the goods bag.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian

In case it comes into play? The card in question is always available at the start of the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian

In case it comes into play? The card in question is always available at the start of the game.
Depends on the edition of the game that you have.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Arcadious wrote:
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian

In case it comes into play? The card in question is always available at the start of the game.
Depends on the edition of the game that you have.
Which edition has Passenger Lines shuffled in the deck?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
wmshub wrote:
Arcadious wrote:
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian

In case it comes into play? The card in question is always available at the start of the game.
Depends on the edition of the game that you have.
Which edition has Passenger Lines shuffled in the deck?
Ah, you may be right. It's the major line cards that were shuffled in. Now that I think about it, the passenger lines started in the first European map, right? And they were at the start (with the major lines) in that edition. So I guess they were always there from the start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Arcadious wrote:
wmshub wrote:
Arcadious wrote:
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
"I delivered four cubes first, in case that card comes into play."

Brian

In case it comes into play? The card in question is always available at the start of the game.
Depends on the edition of the game that you have.
Which edition has Passenger Lines shuffled in the deck?
Ah, you may be right. It's the major line cards that were shuffled in. Now that I think about it, the passenger lines started in the first European map, right? And they were at the start (with the major lines) in that edition. So I guess they were always there from the start.

Yep, Passenger Lines has always has the yellow 'S':

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I didn't even think to consult the Railways of the Mexico insert, but wouldn't you know it, there it was, clear as day! Thanks everyone for the comments.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.