Popular Tags: [View All]
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been working hard to complete the move from Toledo to Harrisburg, but the home stretch has been difficult. The main issue is the difference in the way that ACD and B&B run their warehouses. I was definitely spoiled having Rick and Racheal on my team!

In order to get the inventory where ACD needs it, there is a lot of extra work needed. This extra work is very tedious and time consuming. In the long run it will be the best way for them, in the short term it's very difficult to be patient.

For those that have waited for the move, I promise we'll do something for you. I can't say what it is, or even that it will make up for the delays, but something to say Thank You!

I'm giving up trying to predict when we will begin shipping, especially with the holiday this week. I can say that we're currently inventorying the old stock that was moved from Toledo and is now on the shelves. When that's complete, we'll start shipping orders that contain only in stock items. The next step will be to receive all of the new games that have been released over the past 4 weeks and ship those orders.

I have no words to adequately tell you how sorry I am for how long this has taken. I know a lot of customers were counting on new games for Thanksgiving, and I never anticipated not getting them to you. For those that have waited, we appreciate your understanding. For those that have not, we certainly understand and appreciate that you waited as long as you did. We're almost there, but I'm sure you feel as I do that every day is like a week, and every week like a month. I'm looking forward to putting this all behind us!

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrisburg PA! I drive by or through there a couple times a year! Through I assume even if one could pick up orders from the warehouse that then we'd have to pay PA sales tax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Harrisburg PA! I drive by or through there a couple times a year! Through I assume even if one could pick up orders from the warehouse that then we'd have to pay PA sales tax

Sales tax is based on the delivery address, even if you pick-up your order.

But at this point I haven't determined if pick-up will be available. I'll post something on our site if we can allow pick-up.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed a few preorders not long after you announced the move and expected to be delivering on the 19th. Some other retailers have some, but not all, of the newly released games in stock now. So I'm not concerned about the delays, since that can happen with anything you preorder in the game industry (let's ignore the massively budgeted video game market!). When a game is listed on your site as "expected in such and such place Nov 2012" I look at the word "expected" rather than the date first. Unexpected stuff happens.

I like that you are keeping everyone well-informed about your progress, and maybe I can speak for many who aren't as worried as you may fear, that it's okay to miss the Thanksgiving rush. My real concern as a future customer is that you've hooked up with a reliable distribution system, so if that takes a bit to lock into place it's fine, and you can expect me back in 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did order my BGG Secret Santa gift, is Christmas-ish delivery in the realm of possibility. As for my current and future orders, I remained unconcerned. Thanks for the updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
I did order my BGG Secret Santa gift, is Christmas-ish delivery in the realm of possibility. As for my current and future orders, I remained unconcerned. Thanks for the updates.

Man, it better be! I cannot imagine things taking that long from this point. We really are close.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I placed an order September 8th. It had a couple pre-orders in it that I knew weren't coming until Oct/Nov time frame. I can wait a few more days/weeks/whatever.

Take your time, get it done right and you'll still have a loyal customer on the other end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Sales tax is based on the delivery address, even if you pick-up your order.

wish CSI would go back to doing that... 1st time I ordered and picked up in store they didn't charge sales tax as they were using my delivery/billing address... orders since then however have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck, Tom. I hope you folks are taking Thanksgiving off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sweat it Tom. Moving a household across town is pain enough, I can only imagine what moving an entire business to another state must involve. It's better to take your time, be thorough, and make sure everything is done right rather than try to rush through it all. The end results will be well worth the wait, however long that may be. And I'm sure many of your other regular customers feel the same way.

Relax, enjoy the holidays, and game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
AHHHHH the agony!!!! I'm reading about all the great stuff on Mice and Mystics and I know mine is sitting in a box waiting to be inventoried, then shipped..... grrrrrrr arrrh

But seriously Tom, thanks for all you do, and for doing it right.

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
AHHHHH the agony!!!! I'm reading about all the great stuff on Mice and Mystics and I know mine is sitting in a box waiting to be inventoried, then shipped..... grrrrrrr arrrh

But seriously Tom, thanks for all you do, and for doing it right.

Bill

If it's any consolation (and I know it isn't), I don't get *my* copies of these games, either cry I feel everyone's pain!

But this should be the week shake

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take your time and get things straight. I'm sure we all have games to play while we're waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest Update

MOVE UPDATE #6: Heading to Harrisburg (11/28/2012)
Here's the latest on our warehouse move from Toledo to Harrisburg:
It's finally time for me to head to Harrisburg to help finish up the move and get things going again. On Friday we should start trickling shipments, and I'm hoping by Monday we'll be in streaming mode. We'll do our best to get caught up as quickly as we can, but we literally have a over month worth of new orders (plus all of those pre-orders for new games that have released since we began moving). That means I need to ask for just a bit more patience. We're almost there!

FYI
Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping slowly starting back up again!

MOVE UPDATE #7: Ship(ping) Happens! (12/03/2012) IMPORTANT!
More on our move to Harrisburg:

Shipped our first packages in over a month today. Things are working well, but we still have a little way to go. ACD's inventory system is different than mine, so much time is being spent organizing/identifying product. Orders containing items that have all been identified are shipping now. I'm spending my evenings in Harrisburg identifying product (no, not tedious AT ALL!)

We should continue to get a fair number of orders shipping each day, and as I progress through product ID, we'll add more orders to the "ready to ship" category.

Next step after ID is receiving new product, and then shipping out pre-orders. As you can see there is still a fair amount of work to be done, so we won't get caught up overnight. But we are working hard to get finished and get back to normal operation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tom, are you guys fulfilling orders in order received? If so, do you have an estimate on when orders placed on October 27th would be shipped? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:
Hey Tom, are you guys fulfilling orders in order received? If so, do you have an estimate on when orders placed on October 27th would be shipped? Thanks!

The answer is: sort of.

This is the order that we are shipping in (for each category, it is first in first out):

1> FedEx/In Stock (after all products in order have been located)

2> USPS/In Stock

--- Receiving new stock (this could take several days as there is a LOT) ---

3> FedEx/Pre-order

4> USPS/Pre-order

New orders placed for in stock items will ship out each day once #1 is complete.

Things are subject to change, but we are going for biggest bang for our buck (ship more packages sooner).

Thanks,
Tom
Boards & Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
So where does Mice and Mystics fall into this mix?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

#3 or #4

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

#3 or #4

Tom
Boards & Bits

Gotta say that SUCKS!!!! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

#3 or #4

Tom
Boards & Bits

Sorry, Bill, frankly the whole thing sucks. It shouldn't have taken this long to move, but here we are.

I'm going to try to make an exception for Mice and Mystics and hopefully start shipping them by Thursday.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Shadow_Tracker wrote:

#3 or #4

Tom
Boards & Bits

Sorry, Bill, frankly the whole thing sucks. It shouldn't have taken this long to move, but here we are.

I'm going to try to make an exception for Mice and Mystics and hopefully start shipping them by Thursday.

Tom
Boards & Bits

And that doesn't SUCK!!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lobato
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Tom, I need to ask you ! What about Zombicide ?? Just asking !!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will outstanding order cancellation requests for orders in groups #3/4 be processed prior to shipping.

I'm sure you guys are inundated with e-mails (as well as move work) but I just wanted to check if cancellations will be processed/honored.

Thanks Tom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thereelaristotle wrote:
Will outstanding order cancellation requests for orders in groups #3/4 be processed prior to shipping.

I'm sure you guys are inundated with e-mails (as well as move work) but I just wanted to check if cancellations will be processed/honored.

Thanks Tom.

Yes, of course, in accordance with our Policies (plus a little leeway considering the circumstances).

Tom
Boards & Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.