Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Exodus: Proxima Centauri» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting the Radar at the end of the game: is a spare cube needed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
In the last phase of the last round does a player automatically get the Radar even if he has no more cubes to place on his technology tree?
Thanks in advance for any answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer is yes. It doesn't matter if you have cubes left over or not - everyone gets the technology so it's easy to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is absolutely true, no need for a cube
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
And about the Radar, does it allow a rocket to hit a planet at distance 6?
Thanks again for all the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the free Radar won't help with WMD. Everyone gets the Radar at the beginning of the last Conquest stage. Since WMD are fired before the Conquest stage they won't get the Radar advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deathstroke wrote:
No, the free Radar won't help with WMD. Everyone gets the Radar at the beginning of the last Conquest stage. Since WMD are fired before the Conquest stage they won't get the Radar advantage.

Right, but I was wondering if getting the radar as usual allows a weapon of mass destruction to increase his range to 6, because the maximum range without the radar is obviously 5.
The radar gives +1 to the roll of the dice, but I'm not sure if you can even choose a target at distance 6 when you have the radar.

Thanks for all the answers anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I understand now.

I suppose it would. To hit a planet with a WMD you need your die roll to exceed the distance in hexes. So, if you were to attack a planet 6 hexes away and you rolled a 6 then you would hit because Radar would increase your die result by 1.

It's a low chance of success, but it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One more question about the Radar at the end of the game: do the Centaurian ships get it as well? Do I have to fight the Resistance on the last round even If my ships are cloaked?
As always, thanks in advance for any answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the Centaurian Resistance cannot gain Radar, they are not active, all they do is just defend their space. However, in the rules it is stated that (page 13) "there are no cloaked ships anymore", so your ships will also be visible to the Centaurian Resistance and you must engage them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn Peeters
Belgium
Leffingen
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games played and we still missed the rule which states that in the second movement phase of the last round everyone uncloaks.
No wonder our end scoring felt weird for everone, just flying everywhere with all your planes to score points... modestwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.