Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E VS
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I found Warhammer Quest in a local thrift shop.

It's not complete. Next pieces are missing:
- 10 doors
- 3 minotaurs
- 4 heros (drawf, elf, wizard and barbarian)
- 2 times 6 orcs

Everything else is in the box, and in good condition too. Some things are even in their original packaging: all the cards are sealed, the carboard things are still in their original frame, and some components are still on their original plastic frame (don't know the right word).

I'm thinking about selling it, but I need your advice first.

Would it be worth finding the missing components first, then sell the box as a whole, or should I sell the different components that I have seperately?

There is an extra set of cards ("0563 warhammer citadel combat cards") and an extra box of "0667 bretonnian bowmen". I don't know if those are worth something?

Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you? You might have an easier time completing it in the UK or US than some other parts of the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E VS
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the UK. I already contacted the local Games Workshop, but they haven't replied yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably wouldn't be too hard to complete, then. As long as waiting for the right parts come up doesn't bother you.

I've pieced together 1.75 (almost 2) sets. Probably the heroes and the doors are the hardest. I got lucky and found someone here with the heroes. Don't remember what I traded for them.

While I was waiting for it all to come together, I used a lot of substitute pieces as proxy. I was missing a lot of orcs, too. I replaced with Black Orcs. The heroes I used were, I think, cooler than the original ones I eventually replaced. The minotaurs, I had one original. I ended up finding a slightly smaller one and one about 2/3's the size. Its papa, mama and baby Minotaur now. I like these far better than the original equipment.

I kind of doubt GW would be able to help. Those pieces are long out of print.

Have you thought about just keeping and playing it? Its a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.