Popular Tags: [View All]
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was repeatedly spending Clicks on one-card Archives runs. While this is suboptimal in most situations, HB can shut down the Archives relatively easily. I did not want to give the Corp the option of sealing the Archives or, even worse, Archived Memories a precious Agenda.

Running into Ichi 1.0 early game was a sore mistake. I keep gloating when people do it against my HB and then I did it myself. One of the important lessons vs. HB: do not run against unrezzed ICE with your final Click! Brain Damage is not fun (unless it's self inflicted).

I eventually drew a Djinn, but too late to warrant its installation. The absence of a Datasucker was unfortunate as it could have made my runs more efficient. Same for Cyberfeeder, which I only drew on the next to last turn. Since I'm used to working on zero to no Credits, both of these are precious. With that said, I lost much of my digging power when my lifetime membership in Wyldside was mysteriously revoked (a couple of hours later Armitage fired me, I wonder why?)- which goes back to the previous lesson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:

5 Credits
Install Wyldside
Run RS1
--ICE1: rez, Wall of Static
--End run
Install Parasite, ICE1 RS1, Wall of Static
--Trash card, Wall of Static
Run Archives
--Successful run, no score

What effect caused the Wall of Static to Trash?
Parasite trashes cards when they hit zero strength.
Wall of Static is STR 3.
Parasite has no additional counters on it.
Ooooh!
You mean:
-- Noise Effect: Trash card from R&D: Wall of Static

Revelation as I type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Ooooh!
You mean:
-- Noise Effect: Trash card from R&D: Wall of Static

Revelation as I type.

I was confused about the same thing for about ten seconds, and I played the game ... yes, it's Noise trashing another Wall of Static. I later trash an Ichi 1.0 when playing Parasite on an Ichi 1.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I was promised a deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really have to learn how to play via otcgn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I did think it was funny that the Parasites were going down on Ice and trashing the same Ice off of R&D

Great game guys, and interesting one to see, and it's especially cool that you've done all the card draws for both players as well as keeping the running total of credits. Format here is really superb, great way to see a game play out! thumbsup

IirionClaus already commented on all the archives runs, which is fair enough, though I would probably have run it a bit less early on personally. Turn 1 though, this was certainly a mistake:
Quote:
Install Parasite, ICE1 RS1, Wall of Static
--Trash card, Wall of Static
Run Archives
--Successful run, no score

With no Ice on R&D you definitely should have run it given that the chance of hitting an agenda is equal for both, there is a good chance the card in archives will still be there for you to look at on future turns, if it isn't an agenda it's more useful to know the next card he'll be drawing than a card he has in the trash.

Quote:

Precognition
Draw Priority Req
Advance RS1

3 Credits
Draw Easy Mark
Run HQ
--Successful run, access Melange, trash
Run HQ
--Successful run, access Priority Req, score

This made me laugh. looks like he's got you figured out FileAccess I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've pulled agendas into HQ after a precog when playing him?

Quote:

Score RS1, Beta Test
--Install ICE2 R&D Ichi, Install ICE3 R&D heimdall, Install ICE4 RS1 Heimdall

Yeah, this seemed to big the big mistake for you as you noted (how can you say your forgot about protecting archives and Noise's ability?? He'd only run Archives about 10 times lol) With Heimdall, Ichi, and Archer all installed, rezzed and parasite free on RS1, and him without a single breaker installed there was zero chance he'd be getting in there any time in the remote future. You definitely needed one Heimdall at the least on R&D, probably the Ichi as well, but then the Heimdal should have gone on Archives, and then the Archer you installed should go there as well (though it would be much nicer if you'd installed the archer first and could put the Heimdall outside it, as he'd have to spend a full turns worth of clicks, and you could rez the archer if an agenda were in archives or if it was worth it to trash programs, or keep it unrezzed otherwise)

Anyhow, great game, thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
argus88 wrote:
...it's especially cool that you've done all the card draws for both players...

When FileAccess pulled his laptop I got a piece of paper to write my draws It was fun, I think it makes the report even more interesting.

argus88 wrote:
With no Ice on R&D you definitely should have run it given that the chance of hitting an agenda is equal for both, there is a good chance the card in archives will still be there for you to look at on future turns, if it isn't an agenda it's more useful to know the next card he'll be drawing than a card he has in the trash.

In retrospect, I think I should have run R&D and THEN play Parasite. Whatever the order, I agree that running Archives was a mistake, I should have gone for R&D before the Corp had the time to defend it.

argus88 wrote:
This made me laugh. looks like he's got you figured out FileAccess I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've pulled agendas into HQ after a precog when playing him?

It's the first time I play FileAccess' HB deck, he played Weyland in our prior games. I did spend a short while thinking on whether I should trash Melange, and decided to go for it and another HQ run.

argus88 wrote:
With Heimdall, Ichi, and Archer all installed, rezzed and parasite free on RS1, and him without a single breaker installed there was zero chance he'd be getting in there any time in the remote future.

That is not entirely correct. Install Crypsis, Stimhack into RS1. Two clicks to break End the Run on Heimdall 1.0. Break the Trash subroutines on Ichi 1.0 (six Credits). Break the End the Run on Archer (seven Credits). Since his Priority Requisition had no advancement counters on it, I could spend the following turn earning credits and the final turn busting the server. However, he did have a Corporate Troubleshooter there, I discarded two Stimhacks, and I did not have Crypsis installed.

In other words, while Noise is capable of daring feats of breaking, at this stage RS1 was safe while Archives was not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good call, it's always good to have a healthy appreciation for a Runner's ability to break into seemingly impregnable forces, but yeah, as you say given the troubleshooter and Stimhacks he'd seen go to the heap, it's about as close to security as you can ever feel as Corp in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.