Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Lifeboat» Forums » General

Subject: Components question: my used 2nd edition just arrived - am I good to go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First the good news -- all cards are present and in near-perfect condition, as promised, and I understand very well that the cards are the game, so I have no real complaints, given the price I paid.

Having said that, can someone please tell me what other components I should have in the box? (Half of my interest here is that the box came open during shipping....)

Here's what I do have:

1 printed page of rules (looks to be the pdf printed out, that's acceptable to me for now)

3 clear glass stones (with a handwritten note saying they are birds, but I've seen the nifty bird tokens that apparently came with some versions)

18 small purple chips (note says they are wounds)

6 small red chips (note says they are both thirst and 5 wounds, seems confusing)

Your input, assistance, and clarifications are greatly appreciated!

meeple

Having now given the rules a quick scan, I think I'm going to like the game even more than I thought I would, and can hardly wait to get a full 6-handed game going.

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
So yours looks like this?

I have 3rd edition which has white wooden birds and (way too few) red transparent chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiamat wrote:
So yours looks like this?

Yes, very close to that! I don't know how I missed that image when I scanned through them, except perhaps because my box is a notably different color scheme, being grey rather than tan.

I looks like about 30 chips in that photo, so I may be short just a few, but that should be okay; Pente stones or some other kind of chips might be better anyway.

Thank you!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is really the cards. The pictured games above shipped with glass beads. I had birds made for 3rd edition.

I hand packed the discs in that edition myself so there were usually enough.

When i made 3rd edition, I made the mistake of telling my printer I needed a handful of red chips, "I don't know, twenty or thirty?"

They interpreted that as exactly 20 which is usually barely enough. I end up grabbing dice from another game or glass beads to count as five wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.