Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again Michele,

my first mission is currently underway. I'm in turn 31 and have explored 9 rooms, 4 to go. There's one aspect of guard activations that I'm not totally sure I got right:

Quote:
MOVE X: the guards move X number of areas. Yellow and Green guards have a predetermined pattern; Red guards will move X number of areas, toward the agent, following the shortest path.

If Green and Yellow guards start adjacent to the agent and I roll Move 2 or 3, will they move along their path THROUGH my agent without reacting? I would think it makes more sense that they stop in the agent's area and shoot.

Shaun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if you're hidden than I'm pretty sure yellow and green guards do indeed walk right past you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, if you're hidden that's clear, but what if you're standing out in the open? Similar question for the reaction ("Shoot and Move 1"): If the guard is already in my space, does he move along after shooting at me, thus turning his back to me and allowing me to escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
theasaris wrote:
Sure, if you're hidden that's clear, but what if you're standing out in the open? Similar question for the reaction ("Shoot and Move 1"): If the guard is already in my space, does he move along after shooting at me, thus turning his back to me and allowing me to escape?

Ah, that I no longer remember how to handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theasaris wrote:
Hi again Michele,

my first mission is currently underway. I'm in turn 31 and have explored 9 rooms, 4 to go. There's one aspect of guard activations that I'm not totally sure I got right:

Quote:
MOVE X: the guards move X number of areas. Yellow and Green guards have a predetermined pattern; Red guards will move X number of areas, toward the agent, following the shortest path.

If Green and Yellow guards start adjacent to the agent and I roll Move 2 or 3, will they move along their path THROUGH my agent without reacting? I would think it makes more sense that they stop in the agent's area and shoot.

Shaun

Check page 13 of the rulebook: Line of sight: which states:
Quote:
The guards' LoS is the area occupied by him, and all the areas in front of him.

When you check for reactions, according to page 8, if the requirements of a reaction are met, the guard will perform such reaction. So the guard would stop his movement, shoot and then, if it is yellow or green, move away (yes, turning away from you... There is a reason yellow and green guards are not considered as lethal as red guards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks, that explains why I did so badly in my first game, being much too afraid of engaging the guards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Murphy
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a situation where a yellow guard "got stuck" at the doors on his patrol route. Is this intentional?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theasaris wrote:
I just had a situation where a yellow guard "got stuck" at the doors on his patrol route. Is this intentional?

It can happen.
The guard will move among these two areas.
No big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.