Subject: Strike on Beachead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Beachead are units, there are no others penalities from being "Striked" ?

Can I do a Sea Landing to a beachead with a Strike marker ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:

The only effect of the Strike seems to be that it would reduce the Defense Combat Strength of the beachhead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:

Beachheads are actually markers, although they are, in some respects, treated like units. They're sort of in limbo. Honestly, the question never came up in all the hours of playtesting, and the aforementioned is probably why (markers aren't valid targets).

So, the real question is should they be valid targets?

I think they should be, however, I'd treat them as hardened targets. In addition, I'd allow them the same capacity as a port (2) which is reduced as described in the Alternate Rules of play (Strike 1 reduces it to a capacity of 1; Strike 2 reduces it to a capacity of 0). A Strike 2 result will flip the Beachhead to its No Supply side. A Beachhead with a Strike 1 marker which receives another Strike 1 or Strike 2 result receives a Strike 2 marker. A Beachhead with a Strike 2 marker already on it ignores Strike 1 results, but is removed on another Strike 2 or Destroyed result. A Beachhead which receives a Destroyed result is removed. When a Beachhead is removed in tnis manner, place it on tne Game Turn track two turns ahead of the current turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.