Subject: How to print a mounted board for this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I'd love to get this mounted and was wondering exactly how you do this.

Do you just get the board printed out and take it to a shop? Or do I need to find all the materials and piece it together?

Sorry I'd love to figure this out because I'd also like to print the smaller Arkham horror board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If smaller than US Letter in size, you can print it on full page label stock, adhere to chipboard, and trim to size with an Xacto knife. For larger materials, you can take it to a print shop and have them print it full-color at a bigger size, then mount it on gator board or PVC. I prefer gator board over foam core because foam core will curl over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Post
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My process did not make it that too stiffer. But it gave nice protection.

What I did was get contact paper you use for your in your kitchen drawers. CLEAR contact paper. I also got a small rubber roller from a hobby shop. I roll out the paper to a larger than correct size and put some books on the contact paper over night to remove the curl.

Meanwhile... I cut out some more the contact paper, and card stock and get the feel for how to put the stuff on. This helps me make sure I don't screw it up when I put it on the map. It also helps me understand why I want to get rid of that curl in the contact paper.

The next day I put the printed map on the table face up. I remove the backing of the contact paper. I put the contact paper on the map, starting at the center, and rolling out. I immediately pull out that rubber roller and roll out the bubbles. I pull whole thing up off the table I was using, then trip the excess clear stuff with a small knife. I would say scissors here. But you don't want to gum any scissors up.

Assuming I screwed it up (I'm a pessimist), I have the ability to print out another copy of the map.

If it is too thin? I don't know. I guess I can put more of that contact stuff on it. On the non printed, flip side.

On a final note, I did this completely out of ignorance. So I bet some of my ideas from my isolation might be done a better way. For example... I never heard of gator board. And I know there is somewhere on this site that talks about making your own games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.