Hide
4 Posts

BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: Battle Savvy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal Bandini
msg tools
I recently bought Battlelore but haven't played it yet. I opened up my newly acquired Heroscape and that's all my 10 year old son wants to play now.

When I do play Battlelore I would like to include BS in the rules. What is the easiest way to go about doing this? What rules would I need to download?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the battle savvy tactics rule came with the Heroes expansion. The rule book in pdf format is here for download at FFG's website. The rules for Battle Savvy start on page 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. The Battle Savvy rules crop up all over the place in the expansions for BattleLore. All, or nearly all, expansion battle scenarios seem to say "all troops in this battle are Battle Savvy".

As I understand it, the games designer Richard Borg wanted to include the rule from the beginning. I believe he plays the game with Blue and Red troops, but not Green, as Battle Savvy. That's been mentioned a couple of times by people who heard that from him.

I think Battle Savvy is important, otherwise all armies apart from Dwarves tend to just cluster-up continually (to get support and a chance to battle back) and be afraid to manoueuvre.

Notably, Battle Savvy is standard in the ancients historical version of BattleLore that's called Command and Colors. In that, Green troops can 'evade' too, which I find interesting and have partly introduced as a house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first rules to do so was, I believe, the BattleLore: The Hundred Years' War – Crossbows & Polearms. There really isn't much to battle back: if a unit doesn't retreat and isn't eliminated, then it gets to battle back against its attacker.

Dwarves have the additional advantage that they get to ignore 1 flag so are more resilient to being attacked, and Goblins still retreat extra hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.