Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a careful review of the rules and the Extended Example of Play in the Living Rules, I have noticed that the initial wave invasion forces and the paratrooper units that are not Scattered are not marked with a Regroup marker on Turn 1, although the follow-up wave troops are. Given that even unscattered paratrooper units are probably pretty disorganized on Day 1 and given that the initial wave forces only have a few hours' head start on the follow-up waves, this seems odd. The paratroopers in particular seem puzzling: either they are so scattered as to be unable to attack or they are in perfect condition.

I suppose one rationale for this might be to reflect the Germans' own disorganization on that first day, but even then the distinction between the initial and follow-up waves puzzles me.

Have I misunderstood something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have an answer because I just bought this from a bgger and should have it Monday. Looks like you and I will be learning it at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Darlington
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regroup is used for units that arrive as reinforcements or units that have received replacement steps to simulate the time it takes to them to be combat ready until all needed assets and people arrive.

First invasion turn units are supposed to fight as soon as they arrive and take losses, their status will be shown by the combat results and scattered/unscattered rolls. Also they have a lot of landing crafts available to land a lot of troops and assets in a very short time.

Those follow up units are not a second wave, are supposed to arrive at cleared beaches with no enemies and their landing is supposed to take all day so are marked with the regroup marker.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.