Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have recently started a new Board Game Club in Stanford in the Vale, Oxfordshire.

We meet on Alternate Tuesdays in The Horse & Jockey pub (on the A417 in the village) starting from 7:30 for 8pm till late!

We call ourselves BoardGOATS and our website is BoardGOATS.org

You can find details of some of our games as well as the dates for the next meetings on this website.

Our meetings for the rest of the year are:

27th November
11th December
(although we thought about it, we decided that the following session on December 25th might not be that well attended :-)

We will start again in the New Year, and I will update here and on the website when we have decided which week that will be.

If you would like to get in touch you can either use the website or PM me here at BGG.

Regards

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good, Chris!

Here's a tip, if you've not done this already. Get a Twitter account. Get a Facebook account. Set your Wordpress blog to bounce posts onto your Twitter feed. Set your Twitter account to bounce tweets to your FB wall. Set your FB wall to accept tweets (it ignores RTs and tweets starting with @).

This way, one entry on your blog bounces a link to Twitter, which then bounces a link to FB, which then pulls the article from your blog. Three hits on different networks for one short blog post.

I mention this because a) WP and FB don't seem to get on, but WP to Twitter never fails, and Twitter to FB never fails b) Social networking has pushed our growth 10% or more for three years now. It really works. Some people find you on Google. Some find you on Twitter. Some find you on FB. Everyone keeps engaged with what you're doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutted! Tuesday is a bad day for me. Otherwise I'd love an occasional trip over to the Horse & Jockey. Hope it goes well for you (or continues to).

Love the acronym, by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
www.boardgoats.org
United Kingdom
Stanford-in-the-Vale, Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

Get a Twitter account. Get a Facebook account...

Thanks a lot; we now have:

http://twitter.com/boardGOATS
http://www.facebook.com/board.goats

Hopefully they are all linked...

Thanks again,

NannyGOAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
www.boardgoats.org
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
Gutted! Tuesday is a bad day for me. Otherwise I'd love an occasional trip over to the Horse & Jockey. Hope it goes well for you (or continues to).

You aren't the only one, but unfortunately there are always certain nights are inconvenient for people and Tuesday is the only night the pub can do, so that was that.

Hopefully you will remember us if you have the odd free Tuesday though.

polyobsessive wrote:
Love the acronym, by the way.

Ta! That was Mrs Topher Bear I think.

NannyGOAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardGOATS wrote:
Hopefully you will remember us if you have the odd free Tuesday though.

I certainly will. Enjoy your gaming.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
www.boardgoats.org
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just to let you know, with Christmas day and New Years day both falling on a Tuesday (and players valuing playing games with their family more than with other GOATS - can't imagine why!) we have decided to have an extrordinary meeting on THURSDAY 27th December. The Feature Game will be PitchCar.

For more information see http://boardgoats.org/2012/12/12/next-meeting-27th-december-... for more details.

Merry Christmas!

NannyGOAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.