Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D.J. Abbott
United States
Lexington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I showed Redemption CCG to some guys in my youth group (I'm the youth pastor), and here is how the one game played went.

One of the guys and I played a single game with the new G/H starter decks. I had told him about the game before, but until last night, he had never had the opportunity to really look at the game. He used to play Yugioh, and he says he was pretty good...but I digress. Within the first couple of draws, I had drawn Golden Calf, a card that really hurts the other deck by basically stopping all the offensive characters in the other deck. Being new to the game, he didn't realize how tough this would make the game. I quickly rescued a Lost Soul and took the lead, 1-0 (in the race to 5).

After a few battles in which he had the chance to see some of the nicer cards in both decks, I had beaten several of his best characters, and one of my best characters was getting better having been set aside for some big growth. When the dust settled, I was now up 3-1 (he had used Son of God to get that one rescue).

Now, it was his turn to deal some damage to my defense. After a couple of Rescue Attempts on both sides, we leveled out at 3-4, and I had one card left in my deck. I knew that card was Son of God (allows me to rescue any Lost Soul in play), and I had Angel of the Lord (discard any evil character) in my hand for the next battle. I told him that he better get one more rescue if he could, which he promptly did in rather strong fashion. I then drew my last card and decided to attempt to win by battle, rather than by Son of God. I attacked, and he defended. We both played a couple of enhancements, and I finally had to play Angel of the Lord to win the battle. However, he only had one Lost Soul available for rescue, and he played Burial (discard any Lost Soul in play) on that one Lost Soul. Since I couldn't win one in battle, I dropped Son of God to rescue my 5th Lost Soul out of my own Land of Bondage.

All in all, he seemed to like the game, and I think I may see him at some upcoming tournaments just checking things out further. We've got a youth activity in December, and he wants me to bring the cards in case we get another chance to play.

He explained that the game was much easier to grasp than he originally thought, and I explained to him that strategies do get much more complicated with cards other than starter deck cards but that the basic concepts of the game are as easy to comprehend as he now realized. He asked if he could hang on to a rulebook, and I gladly gave him one (I've got more than my fair share). I hope I've picked up another player, but only time will tell.

Thanks for reading.

DJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing, I want to get this one for the wife and I to play.

My motto is

No Bad Days
Just Bad People

Kinda like Mean People Suck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.