United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been watching through the TV series "Lexx" lately, and wonder why there was never any boardgame or RPG based on that universe; it's got lots of depth to it.

So, naturally, why not make them into BSG characters?

The first one I thought of was not one of the main cast, but a recurring villain from the later seasons.
In Lexx, he's basically The Devil (the evil prince of the Planet Fire, can't die, wants to wipe out Planet Water.. manipulates the President of the USA on a planet called Earth in the Dark Universe, etc, etc)

The mechanical idea is that he's a Cylon who prefers meddling with human affairs, not doing Cylon Stuff. And in a 4 or 6 player setup, he's more likely to be playing for the Cylon Team than usual.

(I won't bother with clever names for the abilities just yet)

Isambard Prince wrote:
Isambard Prince (Cylon Leader)
Draw: 1 Politics, 1 Tactics/Treachery
(Since you are always Infiltrating, you actually get a hand of 3 cards, but I was trying to use consistent templating)

Starting Location: Same space as the President. (You are Infiltrating)

Advantage: You may use the text of Treachery cards even while Infiltrating.

OPG: Action: Once per game, you may gain the title of President. You lose the President title if you are sent to the Brig (in addition to any other method of losing the title).

Penalty: You may not end your Infiltration. If you are Executed, discard your full hand of cards and you are "Stranded" (see Helo's text). Begin your next turn in Sickbay.

Special Game Setup Note: If you receive the "Join the Colonials" Agenda, reveal it to all players and draw a new Agenda as if there were 5 players.

Just thought I would share. Don't take it too seriously, but let me know what you think.

Edited Prince's penalty based on schmloof's suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea. Very unique abilities. The only problem is that if he is in the Brig for being overtly Cylon, no one will ever let him out. Maybe have him "Lost in Time and Space" and be Stranded like Helo for a turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Here, I fixed it for you.

Prince (Political Leader)
Draw: 3 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Leadership/Piloting

Little Red Corvette: On your turn, if you activate the Hangar Deck, you may draw two Piloting.
Purple Rain: Action: Once per game, you may draw up to five Tactics.
The Artist Formerly Known As: After Sleeper Phase, Little Red Corvette and Purple Rain are unavailable to use.
Starting Location: Armory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, he probably needs another way to get out of the Brig.
I think it was in my brain as part of the original idea and then I forgot.

Something like replacing his "un-infiltrate" ability with "move to sickbay", but less powerful, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.