Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just over a week ago with the Championship weekend at FFG's headquarters. Mostly for their PvP LCGs, but they also teased a special announcement/release for LotR, and hinted that it had to do with revisiting Mirkwood.

Does anyone know what was announced/released? I haven't seen anything on FFG's news page, nor in the forums, although it's possible I looked in the wrong place.
Thanks.

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at the event and they told us that they had had something special planned, but that circumstances had not allowed for them to bring those plans to fruition, so there was no new release or announcement. I suspect we may get to see what they had in mind either at next year's GenCon or next year's World Championships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys from Cardboard of the Ring podcast (http://cardboardoftherings.com) were also there (Brian and Jared). In last episode released yesterday (http://cardboardoftherings.com/2012/11/20/e36-spoiler-alert/) that hinted also something about revisiting Mirkwood. But I got the impression that FFG is going to release just few new cards for Mirkwood scenarios so these old scenarios would be more challenging. Or I got it all wrong.
I hope we find out soon. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Corbin
United States
Tallahassee
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything, but wouldn't the second hobbit saga expansion be revisiting Mirkwood?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
But I got the impression that FFG is going to release just few new cards for Mirkwood scenarios so these old scenarios would be more challenging.

That would be my guess as well since we were instructed to bring our core set encounter and quest cards with us to the event (which we didn't end up using).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.