Subject: The patch is here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilles Desaintcannat
France
Saint cannat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The patch is here...it looks very good !!!!!!! Thanks to the team !!!

Gilles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
You're very welcome .

There will be more updates coming that will support iPad 1 and incorporate UI suggestions we have had from users.

On the roadmap for future releases:
- iPad 1 support
- Stats tracking between Campaigns
- Streamlined UI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:

- iPad 1 support

Please, soon(-ish). I'm waiting patiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kullberg
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilloudelambesc wrote:
The patch is here...it looks very good !!!!!!! Thanks to the team !!!

Yes, very nice. I haven't seen a missed phase yet and that's what was killing me before. It seemed like Apple was really dragging their feet and I was beginning to despair.

Now I have only myself to blame when I get all my planes shot to pieces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles Desaintcannat
France
Saint cannat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, same bug for me....

Patience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Kevin,

Can you describe the situation in the game when this happened? Are there any event cards in play, sites left on the board, etc.?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Kevin,

I've had another report that specifically mentions AGM-12s and skipping an attack phase. This may be the same issue. I really appreciate the detailed report and will get this fixed right away.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not sure of the best way to reach everyone but for those of you that are following this forum:

What would you think about not skipping attack phases due to Event Card effects. I'm thinking specifically of the event cards like:

Quote:
Collateral Damage Concerns: You may only Attack/Suppress Sites and Bandits in the Center Area.

or

Quote:
Visual Identification: You can only attack a Bandit if you have an Aircraft in the Bandit's Area.

It can be confusing to skip an attack phase because of these event cards because they are such unique cases that don't fit in with the regular rules of the game. My guy feeling is to not skip the attack phase in these cases and I will probably put that in the next update. This will especially help people not familiar with the game.

Any comments are welcome!

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rockhopper01 wrote:
At any rate, I think the event cards need to stay in. Taking those out would be a significant change to the original game. To be honest, a new player has a significant amount of things to learn, such as the capabilities of the munitions and how to employ them effectively. He/she just has to learn the game, and dumbing it down by getting rid of cards that seem to break the normal sequence of play isn't going to make the game all that much easier to learn.

Let me clarify. I do *not* want to get rid of any event cards. I only want to get rid of the logic in the digital version that skips attack phases because of event cards.

Basically when you have an event like Visual Identification that prevents you from attacking any Bandits and only Bandits are on the board it would still take you to the Attack Phase and show you that the event card is in effect.

Right now it would skip that attack phase which can be confusing because you may have weapons that can attack the bandit and not be aware that the event card is in play.

I'm leaning towards going to the Attack Phase even if you cannot attack in cases where Event Cards cause the Attack to be cancelled.

I hope this is clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes there is a prompt window that appears whenever you select an invalid weapon or try to fire a second time.

I was thinking that I would still skip attack phases because of weapon restrictions (i.e. if you are not at the correct altitude) but do not skip phases because of event cards since event cards only apply in certain situations (and sometimes rare) situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only problem with not skipping is that it requires experienced players to go through scenes where literally nothing happens and nothing can happen.

I'll think about this some more but feel free to chime in with any comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Rockhopper01 wrote:
Attack phases in turns 3 and 4 still getting skipped. Happened to me on two missions in 7-day USN 1965 campaign. iPad 2.

Back on the shelf til next update.

Confirmed. I did a long campaign USN 1965 campaign, and in turn 3 the attack phase for fast pilots was skipped and went straight into the defense attack phase... Disappointing, as it makes the game unplayable or at least limited. Please fix this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
russwg1970 wrote:
Rockhopper01 wrote:
Attack phases in turns 3 and 4 still getting skipped. Happened to me on two missions in 7-day USN 1965 campaign. iPad 2.

Back on the shelf til next update.

Confirmed. I did a long campaign USN 1965 campaign, and in turn 3 the attack phase for fast pilots was skipped and went straight into the defense attack phase... Disappointing, as it makes the game unplayable or at least limited. Please fix this.

Ok, never mind. Due to stress factors I didn't have any fast pilots. Sometimes, the game needs to be more descriptive on what's happening. If no fast pilots are available, maybe give some type of notification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
russwg1970 wrote:
Ok, never mind. Due to stress factors I didn't have any fast pilots. Sometimes, the game needs to be more descriptive on what's happening. If no fast pilots are available, maybe give some type of notification?

Yes that is a problem with trying to skip phases with no necessary actions. Sometimes it is not clear why a phase is skipped and it can get confusing. Until I find a better solution I think I will not do any skipping of attack phases so that it is clear and explicit how the rules are being applied. These are the most important areas of the game so I want to make sure that everything is done in a way that the user understands. There are a lot of corner and edge cases that it is best if the user knows what is happening.

This seems like the best solution and the most usable solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Walliker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Since the patch was released I have played a short / medium and long campaign 1965 USAF and although fortunately I did not experience any skipped phases I did notice a few less serious bugs:

The political track in the USAF 1965 reads 2 across the board ie 222222 however in fact once it moved 2 to the right the main screen said politics : 1 and indeed I was unable to attack a "2" politics target. I sadly misplaced my copy of the board game a while back but I vaguely recall the politics display maybe should read 221110 or something, unsure about this one.

After attacking a target in the distant area (ie -2 stress, -1WP) the weight point penalty was correctly applied but after the mission only 1 stress was deducted. My pilots were happy but I think a bug!

After attacking the target with 8 hits to kill and 9 for overkill to move the politics counter one back to the left I managed only exactly 8 hits, so no overkill, however I used a BLU so moving the counter one to the right. After taking a break I reloaded and the counter had mysteriously moved back one to the left.

Sorry I should have kept detailed notes but I was travelling so was not an option.

Also it would be great to have the optional rules implemented, am I remembering correctly there was one about random pilot selection for some SO and also 1 extra stress to add 1 to hit roll?

Anyway still a great game keep working it please!

I will do a short / med / long 1967 USAF campaign next and will take notes this time and report any bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Walliker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ok followed up with short campaign 1967 USAF:

Day 2 Mission Target: Sam Sites (12)

I took tanker support then withdrew got message with spelling error:

"Reduce weight PIONTS before disabling tanker priority"

Continuing onto the mission:

Turn 3: Having moved my pilots over the target my fast pilot phase was skipped (Pilots Vapor / Mad Dog, armed with AGM-45s and guns). After defenses fired slow pilots could attack as normal. Continuing to turn 4 again fast pilot phase skipped. I then quit and deleted the campaign as this recurring bug is clearly a complete game breaker.

Please fix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Wallikeye wrote:
Ok followed up with short campaign 1967 USAF:

Day 2 Mission Target: Sam Sites (12)

I took tanker support then withdrew got message with spelling error:

"Reduce weight PIONTS before disabling tanker priority"

Continuing onto the mission:

Turn 3: Having moved my pilots over the target my fast pilot phase was skipped (Pilots Vapor / Mad Dog, armed with AGM-45s and guns). After defenses fired slow pilots could attack as normal. Continuing to turn 4 again fast pilot phase skipped. I then quit and deleted the campaign as this recurring bug is clearly a complete game breaker.

Please fix!

Are you sure your pilots weren't stressed to the point of being shaken and lost their fast ability? This happened to me and I thought the phase was skipped, but my fast pilots were shaken by turn 3, and lost their fast ability and the fast pilot phase was completely skipped with no notification, which confused me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Walliker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
russwg1970 wrote:

Are you sure your pilots weren't stressed to the point of being shaken and lost their fast ability? This happened to me and I thought the phase was skipped, but my fast pilots were shaken by turn 3, and lost their fast ability and the fast pilot phase was completely skipped with no notification, which confused me...

Yes I did check the ok / shaken status as I agree this can be confusing. Both pilots were ok, the fast phases were skipped for sure and nor were they able to act in the following slow pilot phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
My apologies. There is still one scenario where pilot attacks are getting skipped. The update is almost ready to submit to Apple. I also put in a change that shows the fast and slow pilot attack phases even if no actions can be taken so that it is clear what rules are being applied and the reasoning behind them. My hope is this makes for less confusion on why certain actions are not allowed.

I have a few ideas for streamlining the game and improving the UI but really want to focus on getting everything bug free first.

Thanks again for supporting Phantom Leader. I really want to support this project and make this game as good as it can be.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Wallikeye wrote:
russwg1970 wrote:

Yes I did check the ok / shaken status as I agree this can be confusing. Both pilots were ok, the fast phases were skipped for sure and nor were they able to act in the following slow pilot phase.

Ok, yeah I had the same thing happen in a 1967 USN long campaign were it skipped the fast pilot phase... And my fast pilot had 0 stress. So, yeah the skipping is an issue.

On that same mission the game applied a negative 3 ATG effect when engaging an ATA target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
russwg1970 wrote:
On that same mission the game applied a negative 3 ATG effect when engaging an ATA target.

Hi Russell, when you attack an AtA target while loaded with AtG weapons you suffer a penalty depending on the sum of the weight points of the AtG weapons you are carrying.

Refer to the rulebook under Jettison Decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rockhopper01 wrote:

That's a good point Russell, but in my example above Razor was safe and sound at the furthest south area, firing off one AGM-12 in each turn 1 and 2. There was no stress problem, and the entire attack phase was skipped in turns 3 and 4.

Hi Kevin, I've been able to reproduce this and have fixed the problem. I've been flying a bunch of missions and haven't seen any issues for a while so I think this was the last bug affecting the ability to attack.

The update I will submit will take you to the attack phase even if you cannot attack and display a prompt telling you why you cannot attack. This should help explain some of the scenarios and make it clear what rules are being applied and what event cards are in effect. I'm still juggling a bit between trying to automate the game and make it play fast and making sure the user can understand the sequence of events and rules. I have a few ideas that will be put in upcoming updates to the UI.

I should be able to package up the release today and get it out. Sorry for the frustration these bugs have been causing!

Thank you for all of your support,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Thank you Kevin for the quick turn-around on the bug fixing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soofaloofa wrote:
I'm still juggling a bit between trying to automate the game and make it play fast and making sure the user can understand the sequence of events and rules. I have a few ideas that will be put in upcoming updates to the UI.

Sounds like things are improving nicely. I'm actually one who prefers having phases skip (as long as it isn't a bug): I can figure out why I didn't get a chance to attack as long as there is indeed a legitimate reason, and I like the faster pace of the game.

Like other possibilities in the game, my suggestion is to give the player the option in the settings menu: some will be learning and want to see every phase, others will be experts and want to just skip right to more action, so giving players a toggle almost always seems best to me (my same opinion about the additional docs and other transition screens: empower the player to get the experience they want when there are good arguments for both experiences).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough, there have been several occasions were I have accidentally skipped a firing opportunity/movement phase or the like because I've hit the "continue" option too quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.