Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The ah, particular clothing choices of the young lady in the advertisement, combined with the somewhat less-than-legible title font, really made me think that this game was titled "Dungeon Herpes" when I looked at the ad.

That said, it got me to look at the KS page (and, uh, post in the forum) so I suppose it had its intended effect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH MY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The ad really is a bit of an embarrassment, who is it aimed at?

Makes me cringe every time it pops up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
The ad illustrates exactly what it means to - the stereotypical fantasy "princess/damsel". If it offends you, don't look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Grosskarlbach
Rhineland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Phirax's Magical Box of Hot
badge
Keats and Yeats are on your side, but you lose... because Wilde is on mine.
mb
RVaughnSr wrote:
If it offends you, don't look.

Just for the record, if it offends you, you are also welcome to complain or simply comment. As it turns out, we are not required to read your comments. In fact, it is very easy to avoid reading forum threads on this website. Much easier than, say, averting your eyes from the cleverly placed ads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RVaughnSr wrote:
The ad illustrates exactly what it means to - the stereotypical fantasy "princess/damsel". If it offends you, don't look.

It seems to play to one of the most negative gamer stereotypes. The sad loner with a mental age of 13 who would be turned on by a sexually suggestive ad featuring a fantasy character.

I could give it the benefit of the doubt and assume it's being ironic but that doesn't overcome my main complaint with the ad being that it makes BGG borderline NSFW, which is very annoying.

Such ads encourage the use of ad blockers, which devalue the ad space for less juvenile advertisers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
timgoddard wrote:
The ah, particular clothing choices of the young lady in the advertisement, combined with the somewhat less-than-legible title font, really made me think that this game was titled "Dungeon Herpes" when I looked at the ad.

Now that sounds like something fun to bring to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might wanna put a coaster underneath that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.