Subject: Enemies that cant attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Taylor
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I cant remember the name of the card but theres one that allows you to stop enemies attacking (either in that round or altogether)

What I want to know is do you still draw them a Shadow card and reveal it or is this action null and void too?

I've been playing it with the Shadow cards as that isn't their "attack" as such.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Forest Snare

Yes you always deal out the shadow card. But since the enemy does not attack, you do not turn it over, and it gets cleared up at the end of the round.

This is not just being pedantic - the status of things can change. So your big nasty troll tied up in a forest snare can suddenly become unsnared with an encounter card that causes the snare to be removed. And since it could then attack, it needs its shadow card. Also, there are cards that let you manipulate the encounter deck to some extent. If you know that the top card is nasty, being able to put it as a shadow card that is unlikely to be turned over, is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Taylor
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome reply Richard. That's great news!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.