Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Muir
United States
Farmington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here in the States, Shogi time clocks are completely non-existent. I also hunted all over the net to see if I could find one for a Windows PC to use on my laptop and I've come up empty as well.

This is my last ditch effort to find one. So far, all I've come up with were Shogi programs made for playing the game on the computer and not just the clock. I've seen a few specific Chess clocks for Windows PC's, but never one for Shogi. And of course now, whenever I'm running into a clock program, it's for a smartphone and I don't have one. I'm still in the clunky laptop age.

I'm sure SOMEONE has to have written one of these things for Windows. They HAVE to be out there somewhere, but I'm just not finding them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
How would a shogi clock differ from a chess clock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muir
United States
Farmington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A Shogi clock has a Byoyomi setting. When your time runs out, Byoyomi kicks in. The clock will then give you a time, usually 60 seconds to make your move each turn from that point forward. If you don't make your move by the end of that 60 seconds, you lose on time.

I actually just stumbled upon a PC chess clock that includes this (after a good two hours of hunting).
http://vchessclock.sourceforge.net/home/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.samtimer.com/st-clocks.html

the website says that it can be set to be a Shogi timer. I have never used the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need byoyomi, almost all Go clocks have it. You can find a lot of suggestions for Go clocks here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ING clocks are the stadard i believe
Else there are lots of apps for phones to emulate it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.