Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Carter
United States
Forestdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight is having their holiday sale with some really good deals on Tannhauser stuff.

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/client/client_pages/sale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going to post this!

I just ordered and filled out my Tannhauser collection! I finally got Novgorod! Yay!

Looks like they have just about everything except the newest stuff and the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a second Matriachy trooper pack and another shogunate trooper pack. I won't bother painting them I will just mark the bases and the boards. I wouldn't pay full price but with shipping is basically buy one and get one free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason thumbsup
If I was in the US I would order up, although I am a rookie, and yet to get through a full game, sooo many rules. Must play when not tired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed my collection!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thewagon wrote:
Just completed my collection!!

Me too, that sale just wiped out half of my wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
Great prices, save that shipping outside of the United States is pretty expensive, specially when compared to MiniatureMarket.

Though ultimately cheaper, no Frankenstahl =

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sexy Boy wrote:

Though ultimately cheaper, no Frankenstahl =

And no Edison, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn on this.

So, I own the base game, plus several figure expansions. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get the game to the table, so I have no idea what it's like. (If it matters, I own Earth Reborn, and didn't like it.) On one hand, I need to get the game to the table before looking at other stuff for it or I just need to sell what I have.

On the other hand, the holiday prices on FFG's site are too good to pass up, even with shipping included. I know they are putting the game on hiatus. Is this FFG just clearing out back stock, or has FFG stopped reprinting these items and this is one of the last chances to get these before they're gone for a long time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
I'm torn on this.

So, I own the base game, plus several figure expansions. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get the game to the table, so I have no idea what it's like. (If it matters, I own Earth Reborn, and didn't like it.) On one hand, I need to get the game to the table before looking at other stuff for it or I just need to sell what I have.

On the other hand, the holiday prices on FFG's site are too good to pass up, even with shipping included. I know they are putting the game on hiatus. Is this FFG just clearing out back stock, or has FFG stopped reprinting these items and this is one of the last chances to get these before they're gone for a long time?

Just pretend you live in Australia and shipping makes the decision for you.
If you haven't played the game might be better to hold off expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Apfel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just happened upon FFG's holiday sale yesterday and wanted to pass along the good news here. I'm glad to see someone else already did it! I too managed to complete my Tannhauser collection thanks to this sale (and picked up a couple other goodies from other games I was missing as well!)

It does seem like FFG is clearing out their stock of these "older" games, so if anyone has any interest in Tannhauser at all, I'd pick these up before they're gone! (I made that mistake with Runebound and am having a helluva time finding stuff now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it allow you create an account using paypal as the payment option ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us who just recently got a copy of Tannhauser (and just picked up a hard copy of the revised rules for $7 today ), we have a quick question:

With the FFG sale right now, is there any reason to get more than one of a particular unit/expansion, ie. more than 1 Yula, 1 Rameriez, etc?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jr. Cukingnan
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Duck + Hat = Duck Hat
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:
For those of us who just recently got a copy of Tannhauser (and just picked up a hard copy of the revised rules for $7 today ), we have a quick question:

With the FFG sale right now, is there any reason to get more than one of a particular unit/expansion, ie. more than 1 Yula, 1 Rameriez, etc?

Thanks!

Nope. With the exception of troopers, the figures are unique. A normal game is 3 heroes and 2 troopers but you can probably integrate the extra troopers with a custom set up of sorts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sexy Boy wrote:
eapeas wrote:

Thanks!

Nope. With the exception of troopers, the figures are unique. A normal game is 3 heroes and 2 troopers but you can probably integrate the extra troopers with a custom set up of sorts.

So if we were to get anything in duplicate it might be the troopers, if that. Would you or wouldn't you?

It's only an extra $20...but does it warrant it?

Thanks again for the quick response(s).

eta: Went ahead and got everything + an extra each of the troop packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ones worth duplicating are the Shogunate and Matriarchy pack since the Reich and Union troopers are also in the main box so only one set of expansion needed.

The advantage of having 2 of the same trooper is that you can pick that same trooper twice instead of having one of each type.

Another advantage is that if you have one of the troopers in play that dies you leave some of the equipment behind. If you can and decide to respawn a trooper with command points. Then you have enough tokens for the new guy and the dead guy's left overs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grayle84 wrote:
The only ones worth duplicating are the Shogunate and Matriarchy pack since the Reich and Union troopers are also in the main box so only one set of expansion needed.

The advantage of having 2 of the same trooper is that you can pick that same trooper twice instead of having one of each type.

Another advantage is that if you have one of the troopers in play that dies you leave some of the equipment behind. If you can and decide to respawn a trooper with command points. Then you have enough tokens for the new guy and the dead guy's left overs.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the answers. BGG rocks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
I'm torn on this.

If you've got the cash to spare, I'd go for it. If it turns out you like the game, you now don't need to pay exorbitant prices to pick up the missing pieces. If you don't end up liking the game, you can become one of those folks asking exorbitant prices for the missing parts of other people's collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Frankenstal is good for multiples but since it's not on sale I only bought one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abrannan wrote:
If you've got the cash to spare, I'd go for it. If it turns out you like the game, you now don't need to pay exorbitant prices to pick up the missing pieces. If you don't end up liking the game, you can become one of those folks asking exorbitant prices for the missing parts of other people's collections.

So, I broke down and picked up 3 map expansions (Novgorod, Daedalus, and Hinansho), 1 of each troop pack, and 6 single mini packs, all of which I don't currently have. The total came to $90 before sales tax and shipping. To compare, as my FLGS sells at MSRP, it would've cost ~$295 plus sales tax to get all of that from them. If I did an OLGS like CSI, it would've run ~$195.

I feel like such a bargain hunter, what with this purchase on top of their $25 Horus Heresy. Now to just find room for all of this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hatchitt
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I jumped in to this game head first. Just picked up one of every thing offered in the FFG sale and two of the Shogunate and Matriachy troop packs. Now I just need to pick up the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any point picking up Hinansho without the Oriental troop packs ? Does it work with the base game ?
Now I am the one torn, was keen until the checkout came to $40 postage to Australia, which I know isn't much, but as I've got it to the table once, hard to know if it's worth investing in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Hatchman wrote:
Well, I jumped in to this game head first. Just picked up one of every thing offered in the FFG sale and two of the Shogunate and Matriachy troop packs. Now I just need to pick up the base game.

If you can find the rules, you actually don't need the base game (aside from wanting more figures and one more map). If you picked up everything on FFG's holiday sales list, you'll have two full factions to play against.

JBTheChamp wrote:
Is there any point picking up Hinansho without the Oriental troop packs ? Does it work with the base game ?
Now I am the one torn, was keen until the checkout came to $40 postage to Australia, which I know isn't much, but as I've got it to the table once, hard to know if it's worth investing in.

The maps work with any of the figures. I picked up the Hinansho map even though I skipped the Shogunate figures.

edit: grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
DOH! Now I'm wishing I had ordered 2x Matriarchy troopers. I only got 1x since I thought they came in Novgorad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Jessup
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
HMS St Lawrence
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up ordering...everything. Well, everything that was on sale. I picked up the core set, equipment cards, Frankenstahl and Edison from my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.