Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Runebound with my boys and having a blast, the game stays out all week.
As a wizard I was waiting for a decent magician's staff to show up in the market deck to give me some damage bonuses, until I went through & checked & there isn't any.
There are plenty of swords, hammers etc, so what's the deal ? Maybe in an expansion ?
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic in Terrinoth is a bit different. Most of your power comes from runes. There are several runes in the game that can be very handy for magic users.

Cards for you to keep an eye out for in the market:
Rune - Soul Burn
Rune - Immolate
Rune - Touch of Death
Staff - Crystal Staff
Sword - Soul Biter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Thomas, yes the soul burn rune is the next best thing, but still, is a little odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBTheChamp wrote:
Playing Runebound with my boys and having a blast, the game stays out all week.
As a wizard I was waiting for a decent magician's staff to show up in the market deck to give me some damage bonuses, until I went through & checked & there isn't any.
There are plenty of swords, hammers etc, so what's the deal ? Maybe in an expansion ?
Thanks all.

Just be grateful there isn't a Discworld version of the Wizards Staff in the game

Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harris_family wrote:

Just be grateful there isn't a Discworld version of the Wizards Staff in the game

Simon

Umm, OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.