Subject: -Deathead Mechanics- Part 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave whitman
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools

So I gathered up a jewelers screwdriver and a regular screwdriver with a #1 apex tip. When I got the game, the voicebox was halfway fastened to the Deathead shell and missing screws. So for 60 cents, I acquired more screws from the local hardware store. Once the screws were off, the voicebox was completely detached. On the backside, there was a compartment door right
above the battery held in by a notched clip. Upon prying the clip back a bit, I opened the door and was astounded by what I saw: a mini record player!! If that doesn't fit in with the whole horror theme! By the 80s, I thought most toy companies would have gone with tape or some sort of synthesizer. No! This was still old school.. just like the vintage 1971 board game 'Voice of the Mummy' which goes for beaucoup bucks in working condition! Would a Digital upgrade to the Deathhead be nice? Sure, but it wouldn't be as cool!

So now I had to figure out why the motor kept spinning, but no sounds were
playing. I closed the compartment door again, and hit the trigger button on
the voicebox. Voila, record wasn't even turning. I can tell by seeing through the weep holes on the battery compartment. It had to be the belt.
But... how to get the belt off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.