Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I am limited to a 34x68" table ... can someone tell me how many of the Carentan scenarios (either number of rough percentage) require a bigger table than that, given 5" square tiles? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the big scenarios are 6x8 tiles which is 30"x40".

I think your table is about as big as my table, so you should be fine.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Maus wrote:
Most of the big scenarios are 6x8 tiles which is 30"x40".

I think your table is about as big as my table, so you should be fine.

Maus

Thanks for the fast reply, Todd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a portable tabletop to be used to make my table bigger for this game as well as for taking it to other places to play.

I got a 4'x8' piece of 3/4 inch thick plywood (1/2 could have worked but I like to overbuild). I cut it down to make two 3'x 4' pieces and then screwed in some eyebolts on the sides near one end of one piece of wood and the hooks on the sides near the end of the other piece of would. So when I put them together I can snug them and secure them with the eyehooks. So then I end up with a 4'x6' (48"x72") tabletop and throw a flannel sheet over the top of it to keep the wood from scratching the map tiles. The plywood had bowed some while I was storing it initially, so I used 1x2 inch poplar as I-beams underneath and screwed them to the plywood through the top. This straightened them out and now this puppy is sturdy and flat. Not likely to accidentally bump it and knock something over.

Note: The map shown was with the old border that was wider, so the new border I have now and that people will get with the newer orders will be much thinner and offer more room. Though you still need space for the soldier mats and story deck mat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.