Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » General

Subject: Tide of Iron Designer Series in FFG Holiday Sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note that FFG is selling the Tide of Iron Designer Series for 10 USD as part of their Winter Holiday Sale. See link below.

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/client/client_pages/sale...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the book and it has some terrific scenarios. For $10, I can't imagine anyone without the book can turn down that offer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have it already. Wouldn't mind seeing a volume 2 and I wouldn't mind paying up to $35 for it then...Wouldn't any new expansion for TOI really. If I remember correctly, FoTB dates back to March 2010; about 2 1/2 years ago...

Where is/are (in random order):

* Map pack expansion 2? (more desert and snow terrain)
* Designer series volume 2? (Unbalanced scenarios remain the biggest TOI associated problem)
* An Eastern front expansion covering Stalingrad (among other things) which would give us a "complete"Russian army?
* A Pacific expansion featuring the Japanese, jungle maps etc?
* French, Polish and Italian armies? (army pack expansions)
* Advanced ruleset? (facing, different AI values for tanks, vehicles towing equipment etc.)
* More card expansions? (decks and op cards)
* vehicle and equipment expansions? (Cromwell, IS 2, Jagdpanther, T26, Panzer I and II just to name a few...)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Er....I think you're looking for Memoir '44
I doubt we will ever see any of this stuff for ToI. All we have heard from FFG is that ToI is not dead, but there has been no mention of what else is to come and if history is any indication, I would not expect most of what you have listed here.

boersma8 wrote:
I have it already. Wouldn't mind seeing a volume 2 and I wouldn't mind paying up to $35 for it then...Wouldn't any new expansion for TOI really. If I remember correctly, FoTB dates back to March 2010; about 2 1/2 years ago...

Where is/are (in random order):

* Map pack expansion 2? (more desert and snow terrain)
* Designer series volume 2? (Unbalanced scenarios remain the biggest TOI associated problem)
* An Eastern front expansion covering Stalingrad (among other things) which would give us a "complete"Russian army?
* A Pacific expansion featuring the Japanese, jungle maps etc?
* French, Polish and Italian armies? (army pack expansions)
* Advanced ruleset? (facing, different AI values for tanks, vehicles towing equipment etc.)
* More card expansions? (decks and op cards)
* vehicle and equipment expansions? (Cromwell, IS 2, Jagdpanther, T26, Panzer I and II just to name a few...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I live long enough to see all of Willem's wishlist. The way FFG release expansions I will be 150 I think.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gdotbat wrote:
Er....I think you're looking for Memoir '44
I doubt we will ever see any of this stuff for ToI. All we have heard from FFG is that ToI is not dead, but there has been no mention of what else is to come and if history is any indication, I would not expect most of what you have listed here.

boersma8 wrote:
I have it already. Wouldn't mind seeing a volume 2 and I wouldn't mind paying up to $35 for it then...Wouldn't any new expansion for TOI really. If I remember correctly, FoTB dates back to March 2010; about 2 1/2 years ago...

Where is/are (in random order):

* Map pack expansion 2? (more desert and snow terrain)
* Designer series volume 2? (Unbalanced scenarios remain the biggest TOI associated problem)
* An Eastern front expansion covering Stalingrad (among other things) which would give us a "complete"Russian army?
* A Pacific expansion featuring the Japanese, jungle maps etc?
* French, Polish and Italian armies? (army pack expansions)
* Advanced ruleset? (facing, different AI values for tanks, vehicles towing equipment etc.)
* More card expansions? (decks and op cards)
* vehicle and equipment expansions? (Cromwell, IS 2, Jagdpanther, T26, Panzer I and II just to name a few...)


I actually do own all memoir 44 expansions (some of them two copies) and two copies of the base game. However, I actually prefer TOI,so I'd really like some of the expansions I mentioned. It just goes to show that there's enough they can still release. The waning interest for the game is in my opinion entirely due to FFG themselves:

1.) No communication with customers through BGG or even their own site
2.) Continueing severe scenario balance issues
3.) No support for the game (E.g still no FAQ for FotB, March 2010)
4.) Too long between releases
5.) No complete gaming system (E.g. No Pacific theatre, lots of terrain not yet released (Cf memoir'44), very small variety in vehicles and equipment, No Stalingrad scenarios in an Eastern front expansion???). I'm just a sucker for "complete" games; all theatres covered; all possible types of terrain included, the major forces represented etc. Memoir has most of these, but as i said, I actually prefer TOI...I don't care if it takes 10 years to get all that, but 150 years would be a bit too long...

If they'd just come forward and say what their plans are for TOI in the near future and finally release an updated FAQ, that might win back a lot of customers. I am fairly sure something is in the pipeline. The question is what and when.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received FFG's advertisment for the Holidays, and, interestingly, Tide of Iron was not one of the included games in their marketing group. I would think that what they mailed out is a fair indicator of any future plans (or more accuractly, lack of) for ToI expansions, at least in the very near future.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
I recently received FFG's advertisment for the Holidays, and, interestingly, Tide of Iron was not one of the included games in their marketing group. I would think that what they mailed out is a fair indicator of any future plans (or more accuractly, lack of) for ToI expansions, at least in the very near future.


I have high hopes for 2013 although indeed I wouldn't expect anything in the first quarter or even half of the year. Afterwards, again, I'm hopeful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.