Subject: -Deathead Mechanics- Part 7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave whitman
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools

Once I put the rubberband in and everything was back together (don't forget that plastic bushing!), it worked like a charm! The pitch was back to normal, it was louder, and it was randomizing like crazy. Before surgery, 80% of the time the Deathead would reveal a victory squeal. I figured that this was built into the machine so the younger players wouldn't be so bummed out by losing. But no.. apparently the belt tension has a lot to do with randomization.

And while we're on the subject of randomization, it's still a mystery to me how this works. Either a whole bunch of tracks were already 'recorded' to disc and the turntable is going through each one, or the stylus mysteriously lands at a track at random depending on how the trigger was pressed. I don't know, so if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated!

After the Deathead shell was fastened back to the voicebox, I noticed a lot of fluttering to the sounds. This was because the turntable position is real sensitive as it must contact the stylus just so. Apparently, I popped open the turntable compartment door one too many times and it weakened the retaining tab. I fixed this by adding a strip of tape to the door to make it more secure. Yeah, a cheap fix, but it worked!

Well, hope this helped out! Now I have to figure out a way to flatten the game board! The edges of it keep levitating off the table during gameplay!

Another interesting note - the snake's tongue on the roulette broke off, and the seller was nice enough to include the broken piece in the box.... so I superglued it back on. Now.. we don't have to worry about the wheel spinning off the deathhead and hitting another kid in the face! Cheers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Never thought I'd find this kind of operation interesting but I found your exploration fascinating. Good stuff.

I'd agree on the 80% or so success rate and it was no doubt done for the benefit of kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting dissection, thanks! But why did you post it over eight different threads? Could have been a Geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.